• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to scale the group of objects in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very new to Adobe XD and I can't seem to scale text or objects. I'm following the Music App tutorials by Howard Pinsky and I can see he is clicking on groups of text/objects and scaling them. However, I'm unable to scale on my IMac. When I click on a group of text it just scales the text area, keeping the text on the same weight. Am I missing a keyboard shortcut (like holding down SHIFT or CMD) or is there some setting I need to turn on? Please help!

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Hi Patty,

Welcome to the Adobe XD Community!

Thank you for reaching out and using Adobe XD. I feel that you're trying to scale the grouped objects. If so, you need to make sure that you're selecting the object rather than a groups of objects then you need to double click on the object you want to scale. Let me know if that helps.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your workflow and share the video of your workflow for better understanding.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshik

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patty,

Welcome to the Adobe XD Community!

Thank you for reaching out and using Adobe XD. I feel that you're trying to scale the grouped objects. If so, you need to make sure that you're selecting the object rather than a groups of objects then you need to double click on the object you want to scale. Let me know if that helps.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your workflow and share the video of your workflow for better understanding.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika,

That method worked for an individual object and I was able to scale it!

Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very new to Adobe XD and I can't seem to scale text or objects. I'm following the Music App tutorials by Howard Pinsky and I can see he is clicking on groups of text/objects and scaling them. However, I'm unable to scale on my IMac. When I click on a group of text it just scales the text area, keeping the text on the same weight. Am I missing a keyboard shortcut (like holding down SHIFT or CMD) or is there some setting I need to turn on? Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patty,

Thanks for reaching out. To resize a text, you can refer to this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/drawing-text-tools.html#text-tools

You can also refer to this responsive resize article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/using-responsive-resize.html

If this doesn't help, would you mind sharing the video link along with the time stamp, when the text area was resized? We'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the text element is an Area Text, you can only resize the area, while the text will retain its properties.

If the element is a Point Text, you get only 1 "handle" at the bottom, which you can drag to resize the text, changing its size.

You can change between point text and area text here:

Annotation 2020-08-23 192109.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To scale a group of mixed elements e.g. images, shapes AND text, make sure all your text boxes have been converted from auto-height to auto-width. Group together and scale away (image 1). If the text isn't auto-width you'll get everything scaled, except the text (image 2).

Screenshot 2022-01-04 at 09.11.51.pngScreenshot 2022-01-04 at 09.20.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines