Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to view prototype share links on mobile devices

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

yesterday I posted this issue in a existing forum topic, but still no answer... Getting desperate here :S
- - - - - -

XD Prototype links not working on mobile
"Hi, i'm having the same issue with a new prototype. 
When I view it on desktop it works fine, but when I open in chrome/safari on a mobile device it starts to load but then the browser displays an error.
This is very upseting since I have to deliver tomorrow! Please help!"
- - - - - -
— Today the issue remains, but I've been able to understand a little bit more about the problem.
It seeems the less interactions the prototype has, less the probability for error display. Also I reduced the amount of linked components and image size.
I was able to deliver a lite version of my work, with very few interactions and pages. However, this doesn't help much, because I don't have the possibilty to workaround this problem with the ongoing work.

I really hope you can help.

TOPICS
Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. The issue was fixed with XD 55 release, please reload the links and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi t_insight_design01,

I have logged a bug for this issue so that our team can investigate it further. I will get back to you if the team needs further details from you.

I appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA ,

unfortunately I can not share any links because the prototype is for a client and therefore confidentially. But it is happening to all links - we tried anything during the testing week: Starting with one link with password to splitting the prototype into three "smaller" links because we thought it might be caused by the large size, to eliminating the password and creating new links after every testing - the problem happened no matter what. After like every 3-5 Minutes the prototype would crash back to the first sreen / the password screen.

Maybe did you change something with the last update? At least we did not have this problem in the first testing round (21. - 23. February). 

Also, it's really hard to find out, when the problem comes up, because on my phone and some of my colleagues phones, the links had no problems, others did... 

Thanks,
Sophie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed information, Sophie23644706g5hm. Could you please check if the size of the file or images or vectors used in XD file is large or heavy?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @HARSHIKA_VERMA , 

yes, we actually used some images that were 60 MB large. I minimzed them now to approx. 15 KB each. Hopefully that was the problem. But apparently for some other users it was not 😞 

Thanks, 
Sophie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sophie,

yes, unfortunately minimizing image weight doesn't work for me 😞

Harshika, are there any news on this topic? 

Thkx,

Camila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi t_insight_design01,

Thank you for being so patient. Could you check the link once again? It is working for me now. There were a few updates to the link. The previous version throws an error, but the current version is working fine due to some components.

Let us know if that works.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, 

we are having user testings again this week and the image size reduction unfortunately did not help with our problem. In the end, what helped was to delete almost every component. Especially those that were used a lot or had various layer and states. After deleting the component grouping on many objects on the artboards, the last testing went well. I'm glad it worked now, but this makes it really hard to continue working, because so many objects are detached from the primary component ... 😞 

Cheers, 
Sophie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika
the link now displays only the first artboard, but when you interact with it, it displays the same error message as before.
Your team can check the same Adobe CC file or the updated file copy I shared via google drive before.

Can you explain what do you mean with "the current version is working fine due to some components". 

Thkx, 
Camila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Harshika, any news?

It's been 10 days since I last posted here and still no answer.

Are you guys really looking for an answer?
😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi t_insight_design01,

We are sorry for the delay in response. I have attached the gif of our interaction with the link. Please see if this is

how it is working at your end.

<Removed the GIF as instructed by the customer>

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,
I'm sorry, but didn't you guys read the thread or it's title?
It clearly states "Unable to view prototype share links on mobile device".
What you sent is a gif of the mobile link in a desktop browser

And again, this project is yet to be online, so please don't make gif's or any images and post them for everyone to see. Please remove the gif asap. 

Next time, please, read the post and all it's interactions from top to bottom before answering. 
I'm still hoping for a real solution.

Thkx, 
Camila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry for the confusion, Camila. I tried opening the link on the mobile browser "Safari," and it worked fine on my end. 

I have updated the information to the bug logged for your issue so that our team can look again at issue.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika

Did you interacted with the prototype?

As said before
(post Apr 08, 2022), on my end the first page is displaying, but the prototype crashes right after the first interaction - either on safari or chrome browser mobile browser.

This is still a problem because, obviously, there can't be user testings or client presentations.
I can't stress this point enough: Adobe XD is failling with our clients.

Camila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi t_insight_design01,

We understand your frustration. However, I have escalated your case to our product team, and they are investigating further on this issue. They are able to reproduce the issue at their end and also logged a separate bug for your issue.

We will try our best to help you.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused so far.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika
Are there any news concerning this issue?
We are still experiencing the same problem - the prototype only displays the first screen in the mobile browser. It would be nice to have some follow up from you guys.
As before, you can see for yourself in the provided link and in the shared XD file

Hope to have news from you soon,

Camila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue and its extremely frustrating. As soon as you ad more than a few screens or a few interactions prototypes DO NOT work on iphones only on android. Errors galore and thats if the page even comes up. I am working on a large project at the moment and will have to remake the whole thing in figma or another software unless a solution is sorted shortly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also having the same problem. We have a huge file that can't be viewed on mobile browser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika
It's been a while since your last message. Was the team able to analyse this issue? 
The project we've been talking about is near its end, and I wasn't able to deliver a single mobile presentation to the client. 
The mobile prototype in web browsers never worked. Still doesn't. 

As you can see for the responses there are more users with the same problem. 
When will this become a priority?

Hope to hear from you and you team soon, 

Camila

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. The issue was fixed with XD 55 release, please reload the links and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines