Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe Font in Mobile App?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have fonts synced on my Adobe account. For example: 'Houschka Rounded'. I can design in Adobe XD using it, but is there no way to use these fonts in my mobile app being developed? Seems there is no way to download the font files and whatever Adobe syncs is obscured and not a traditional font file.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Hi Akermay,

This is Ben from Adobe Fonts. Fahad is correct. Your Adobe Font license for these fonts allows you to design the apps but it doesn't cover embedding the fonts into the apps once the design is finished.

Using the fonts to design an app falls under a desktop license.

Embedding the fonts in the app would fall under an app or app embed license.

These licenses are often sold by the foundry that owns them and other resellers. I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Ch

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akermay,

Thanks for using Adobe XD, I would request you to sync Typekit font in Adobe XD mobile app. Go to setting and manage fonts and check active fonts. You should be able to see the fonts in this list.

Please update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Sorry I explained myself poorly; The fonts display in the mobile app as expected, it works.

My confusion is that Adobe Fonts, offer full commercial licensed use of fonts. Adobe allows me as an XD user to sync fonts and create mobile designs, the primary use of XD. However, am I correct in saying, I can't take the fonts I have used in my XD design, and include them in my actual app that is being developed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akermay,

This is Ben from Adobe Fonts. Fahad is correct. Your Adobe Font license for these fonts allows you to design the apps but it doesn't cover embedding the fonts into the apps once the design is finished.

Using the fonts to design an app falls under a desktop license.

Embedding the fonts in the app would fall under an app or app embed license.

These licenses are often sold by the foundry that owns them and other resellers. I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the font is owned by Adobe, like Acumin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Akermay,

You need to get TTF/OTF file of the font to embed for development. You need to download it from 3rd party sites if its free or you need to buy it.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!
I have the issue that there is no mobile license available for the Acumin font that I designed an app with. I would really like to pay for it but Adobe won't let me... Why is that and could I use the desktop license instead?

All the best,
Jakob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Akermay @fahad_dexter @Atul_Saini 

Guys, following @Akermay query on the font - what if I'm using the font from Open Font License which is free 3rd party software for my mobile apps? Is adobe allow it? or still, I can only develop the apps but the font can never be embedded in the mobile app once the design is finished?

Is that mean Adobe only option is to purchase it from the foundry and reseller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean it's an open source license font. Can it still be used and embedded in my develop mobile app once the design is finished?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can anyone from the community confirm this? adobe employee?

Apprecite your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines