Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom tablet issues with Xd on Windows?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

iI can't use my Wacom Intuos Pro tablet with Adobe Xd (windows 10).

I can navigate through the interface, but can't use the tablet on the artboard.

It seems the pen events are not recognized by the Xd workspace.

Can anyone else confirm this issue?

Is this a bug or should this be a feature request.

What can I do to make things work?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

At the feature request (Pen and touch support in windows 10 – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs ) a workaround is described. It works for me!

Wacom users can turn off "Windows Ink" in the settings, which enables the pen / touch support in XD. However, this disables some other features of your tablet.

wacom windows ink.JPG

If I knew this earlier...........

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are still working on perfecting the Touch and Pen workflows. For the moment, they are disabled in the design workspace.

They will be available in a future release.

Thanks,

Vlad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um...don't need to be snippy here, but if I can't use touch or my pen, how exactly am I supposed to use the product at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, rmarye

Unfortunately, if you're only on touch and pen workflows, you can't quite use Adobe XD yet. However, most of the hardware that we're aware of has a trackpad or mouse. While it's suboptimal for people like you, we're hoping that the final pen and touch implementation will help you in your design process.

Definitely upvote this story to get the latest news on when we deliver this feature. Pen and touch support in windows 10 – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elaine, thanks for your quick response. I'm using a Surface.  I've up-voted the feature request, as suggested.

Must say, this release of XD on Windows is just...mean. Images of Adobe taking candy away from babies come to mind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch! Hopefully it'll be worth the wait! We're working hard on new Windows features, and you'll see new features in the upcoming months!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since January 9 2017, Any progress on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Usually, When I press the space key on my keyboard. and press the left button on a mouse. I can move the whole workspace in Adobe photoshop(or illustrator). But in Adobe Experience Design(Beta). There is no reaction.

Thanks for the answer from Adobe team. and I appreciate the develop team. Adobe CC is easy to use.

Roger Xue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with a Huion tablet on Windows 10. Are you already working on that feature? Can we expect to be able to work with our tablets soon?

Thank you very much.

You are making a very good job.

Patricia Saco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you managed to make it work with XD? I wanted to buy HUION Kamvas Pro 20 but if it does not work with XD then I guess I'm gonna pass...

-------
Rafal Borowski Design - www.borowski.design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any news regarding Wacom ? or someone have estimated dated? that it will work on Win 10?

Thanks,

Boaz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to share publicly. We'll be keeping the UserVoice site updated.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, give to us quickly those features, we need it!!!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there any news regarding Wacom with windows 10?

I am still having the same issues.

Thanks,

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news?

Excited for XD but it's pretty much wasting my drive space while it fails to operate with a pretty common Adobe suite computer setup!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the feature request (Pen and touch support in windows 10 – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs ) a workaround is described. It works for me!

Wacom users can turn off "Windows Ink" in the settings, which enables the pen / touch support in XD. However, this disables some other features of your tablet.

wacom windows ink.JPG

If I knew this earlier...........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you a thousand times!! I was starting to feel really bugged about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH.  You have just dramatically increased my quality of life.  Kudos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey. This was useful. 

I use Wacom One tablet.

And this worked for me as well. 

Thanks,

Deepak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines