• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Washed out colors after export in XD

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colors.pngHey, im trying to design something in XD and always after exporting to for example .png, colors are washed out.

I attached screenshot where you can see exported png (at left) and XD preview (at right).

As you see colors after export are less saturated and washed out than during designing in XD.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

XD is not colour managed. (It should be using sRGB throughout.)

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17480899-color-management-set-color-profiles

But is your monitor configured to display sRGB correctly in the first place...?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing! I hadn't noticed this update. Our whole creative and production department are jumping for joy after years of disappointing clients, lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one who's suddenly experiencing the opposite: Lighter colours look washed out in XD compared to exports, prototype mode etc. E.g., a light green looks plain grey. For making it look right while working in XD, the only solution I've found was to TURN OFF the sRGB-profile!?? (using latest PC version 57.1.12.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To get a fair color I change to "Unmanaged" under Edit > Color Profile. Now the colors are correct when working inside a document. But as I export it's still the same issue. It reverts to the washed out sRGB colors. Anyone have a fix so that the export also is "Unmanaged"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines