• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web cam not recognised while working On XD on macOS.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue: I use a sony camera as a video feed to my computer for lots of different apps. It works perfectly.... unless Adobe XD has been open. Once Adobe XD has been open (even if I have quit) the feed will then be blank. It will stay blank until I quite XD, disconnect the Camlink connection and then plug it back in. Then the feed will work perfectly again. I can however, open XD once the feed has started and it will be ok for that current video feed. But then if I was to start another one, it would be blank. 

I'm NOT trying to use video inside XD. The issue is that if I'm using a camera as video input in other applications (zoom etc), it works perfectly unless Adobe XD has been open prior to starting to use the video (in any application). 

It happens everytime and Adobe XD is the only application that causes this issue to happen. No other Adobe application causes the issue. I have checked video input settings, but this also hasn't helped. 

I have talked to support of both Adobe and Camlink and have been told to lodge it as a bug. 
Here is a video to show the issue in action: https://www.loom.com/share/c3651c1df57f486ea31f42010272e4be?sharedAppSource=personal_library

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi endurewebstudios,

We are sorry for the delay in response. I would like to follow if you're still experiencing the issue with XD 48.  If yes, please share the details of your operating system and the cam link connected. 

Please also check if the issue reproduces with a built in camera. Can you also check and see if it reproduces if Cam Link 4k is connected directly to the Mac and if you've another webcam that you can test with to see if it's specific to the Cam Link 4k or the thunderbolt 4 dock?

I saw a similar bug logged for this issue previously, but due to fewer details, it's still pending, so I will share your video with the team, which might help them start the investigation again.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I worked with support and they ended up saying they didn't know and for me to put it here. I'm not sure if you can access those logs, as there would be a lot of details in that. 

Here is some info:

I have a MacBook m1 13 inch 2020 running macOS 12.2.1

16GB ram. 
It happens no matter if the camlink is plugged directly into the mac or via the Thunderbold 3 dock
It doesn't happen with my inbuilt camera or with a logitech camera (directly into the mac or thunderbolt). 
I had a friend verify it happened to him also with a mac with an M1 chip, I don't know anyone else with a camlink and a non M1 chip to check with. But my friend had the same experience as me with his. 
Happens everytime without fail if XD has been open while camlink is plugged in and is only resolved by unplugging Camlink, quitting XD, then re plugging Camlink back in. 
Happens no matter the video app/browser I'm trying to use. The only think that is consistently part of the issue is XD having being open while the Camlink is plugged in and then trying to use video through it. 

I hope this info is useful, happy to provide more as I'd really love this bug to be fixed. it means I need to prepare 5 minutes more before using my video as I use XD for most of my workday. Also changing to another camera is not an option, as I've spent a lot of money on this set up, and am not able to refund as the product technically works. 

Thanks
Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

I have had the same issue. I have been on support with Adobe and Elgato trying to find a solution. This has been an issue since the pandemic started and I upgraded to a Sony a6100 with a Camlink. Here is a twitter discussion with others who had the same problem. https://twitter.com/mds/status/1258807701020303362 I have seen some people on youtube with the same problem as well.

To help narrow down your search, here are the computers I have tried.

(1) 2015 iMac i7

(2) 2017 iMac i7 

(3) an M1 macbook air.

All of them had the exact same issue. I also purchased a new Camlink from Best Buy, but it yielded the same result. My work around, although not ideal, is to use a USB power cord with toggle switch so I don't have to keep reaching behind my computer before a meeting. I turn off xd, toggle the usb switch, start my meeting, and then I can open XD and use it. If you find a soulution, please let me know.

Matthew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No changes for me, still have to unplug, quit XD, then replug and start using my video. Super annoying. Glad I have a work around and am able ot use the camera, but still super annoying as sometimes I'm midway through working with a file and don't really want to save and quit at that time.

I'm guessing there aren't enough of us to get the ball rolling on anyone caring, but I figure a post like this might help more people to speak up about it being an issue for them, or at least help them to know a work around in the meantime. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem which makes it impossible to share XD docs with my team and clients. Kinda of important would'nt you think. Please fix this Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe XD is in maintainace mode, and no further development will be done on the program. This bug is not going to be addressed. You need to migrate to a new tool for your design work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not a problem for me, but it's a shame for Adobe that you're having to refer people to other tools. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines