• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With latest XD update (40) it crashes every time on trying to link the prototype pages on MacOS.

New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the new version that claims to "enhance performance". Now every time I try to link actions on the Prototype tab, it crashes. If I drag the arrow to a page, it crashes. If I select the page from the 'Destination' dropdown, it crashes.

How was something so basic not caught during QA before pushing this update out there!? Or do you even do QA and just rely on users to find all the bugs.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi All,

Thank you all for your patience. 

With XD latest update (XD 40.1.22), the prototype issue is fixed. We would request you to please update to the latest version and let us know if that works at your end.

If you still see the issue, could you please try uninstalling XD and remove /Applications/Adobe XD.app from Finder, and then Install XD 40.1 again? Let us know if you need further assistance from us.

We really appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only t

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As previously mentioned, I can save as a local file and Prototyping works as expected.  So the bug definitely appears to be related to saving to Adobe Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now it is one week later and there is no timeline and no marking of this bug as critical. You say for us to trust you it will come soon, but we have people waiting for developments and they need answers. Adobe XD is a business platform not like Instagram or Netflix, we came here to do important business for clients and when there is an outage, it is your responsibility to tell us a timeline and mark a critical problem as critical. 

So, what does the timeline look like for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to know a timeline, as this is hindering work flow extremely. It is upsetting that a timeline has not been clearly communicated when several people have asked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug is still there and it's costing us a lot. I do hope you understand that the last update did not only crash the prototype tool BUT the  e n t i r e  application. Unusable.

Today adobe xd has hit my patience limit and i want to share all the problems i am encountering so far:

- Adobe XD randomly crashes

+ Whenever i alt-tabbed the app crashed

+ IF there is a collaborating person on the same file you get crash

+ IF you copy a component / artboard from another big file to a newly created file the app crashes; even on not new components the app crashes

+ trying to prototype on some components

+ WHEN application crashes with 2 users on the same file obviously it is a rollback. 

- Sharing is always a lucky event 

+ IF you do a copy to the new file you have the chance to work, but usually i do get error -1 or error or 44:47

+ tried new files, relogs, restarts, nothing works

- Collaboration is a dead end 

+ Can not collaborate on old files (2 users with the same OS and same XD version), we have to create new files in order to work for a few hours then the application starts to disconnects us one by one until the file is corrupted(?) and we have to create a new file.

+ on new files the same situation happens after three hours or something like this. AND if there is a cloud file then PROTOTYPE TAB MUST NOT BE CLICKED because it crashes the app.

Can you just rollback to previous versions in order to have a stable working platform? Sincerely this is not bad, but a very bad update. I do not care about seeing other collaborators' cursors it's pointless if we can not collaborate and share the link. This is the worst situation could happen but it is here. Critical bugs everywhere, can not share, can not collaborate, are we still in beta guys? 

Stakeholders consider to switch to figma because those bugs costs them money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue on MacOS; app freezes every time I try to prototype. Please Adobe fix this quickly!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DeAndre, 

Sorry for the trouble. We would request you to please update XD to 40.1.22 version and confirm if the issue is fixed at your end.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 40.1.22 seems to have fixed the issue on my end. I will let you know if something comes up again. Thank you for the timely update! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While latest update (XD 40.1.22) fixed the prototype issues, add rulers to the artboard issue still persist.

It's a minor issue, but there it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cesar,

Thanks for the confirmation. Could you please explain more about the ruler's issue here so that we can take a look at it and investigate?

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure!

I was working on a file saved in the cloud when this bug crashed XD. I reopened the file and I can no longer add rules in it, but if I open another file saved in the cloud, this bug doesn't occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the description. Could you please create a new post for rulers issues in our community as this is a different issue and we want to track it separately? You can include the video as well in your new post for better understanding.

I will try my best to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for about 4 hours after the new patch.

Now it's crashing again, can't work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's weird. It should not be supposed to be crashing again. Could you please try signing out of XD and Creative Cloud desktop app, restart the machine, and then sign back? Let us know if that helps.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to the newest version, and still have the same problem. The program crashes right away. I am on Big Sur 11.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having a problem when I open two files to copy something, I lost the prototype link, and the file became "copy.xd"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @GuigaGagliardi ,

Copy. xd is a different problem and there is already a bug logged for it and the team is working on it. You'll definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD. 

Though, I have asked the team if there is any workaround available. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from the team.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work too. When I open two files my CPU and RAM goes to 100% and the xd freezes. And it's not a computer problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vafah,

Sorry for the trouble. Could you please try uninstalling XD and remove  /Applications/Adobe XD.app from Finder, and then Install XD 40.1 again. 

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted and reinstalled all my Adobe applications, and XD finally started working. This might be a solution for some people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled everything, clear the libraries, and it keeps crashing all the time when I try to copy one thing from a file to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My XD crashed when I switched to prototype, I never saw when I used the version before 10 May update. My file size is 172 Mb and will increase.

And another problem that is when xd crashes it doesn't save the file to its actual location but just like in auto-recovery mode and can't turn it back into the original file and it must be saved with another name - so all public links shared will be new. It's a headache.

Please solve the problems. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry for the trouble. There is a known bug related to crash on prototype mode. Please join the discussion here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/with-latest-xd-update-40-it-crashes-every-time-on-trying-to-...

The team is working on that bug and you'll definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the old version before update 10 May 2021. The latest update makes my laptop slow and overheating because of consumption xd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines