• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

With latest XD update (40) it crashes every time on trying to link the prototype pages on MacOS.

New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the new version that claims to "enhance performance". Now every time I try to link actions on the Prototype tab, it crashes. If I drag the arrow to a page, it crashes. If I select the page from the 'Destination' dropdown, it crashes.

How was something so basic not caught during QA before pushing this update out there!? Or do you even do QA and just rely on users to find all the bugs.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi All,

Thank you all for your patience. 

With XD latest update (XD 40.1.22), the prototype issue is fixed. We would request you to please update to the latest version and let us know if that works at your end.

If you still see the issue, could you please try uninstalling XD and remove /Applications/Adobe XD.app from Finder, and then Install XD 40.1 again? Let us know if you need further assistance from us.

We really appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means the XD latest update (XD 40.1.22) is to go to previous version of 40.0 or 39. and uninstall version 40.0. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to prototype a document and I am unable to link artboards together. This error has only started to occur after updating XD this morning. I have logged out, logged back in, restarted my computer, pretty much anything I can think of right now. I am wondering if there is a work around at this point for this error. No error code pops up on my screen, the application just freezes and is unresponsive until I force quit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caitlyn,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and Operating System.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Will it be possible for you to share a small video of what exactly is happening at your end?

We're here to help just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD version 40.0.22.12
Mac OS Big Sur 11.3.1

It is happening on one specific file that I can't share a screen recording, unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Adobe XD 40.0.22 on Windows 10.

Here I've recorded a video of it freezing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently facing the same issue as many of the users here (XD 40.0.222 / Windows 10). I can start up my local working files in design mode, but as soon as I move into prototype mode XD freezes and crashes.

Before you ask:

• Yes I have logged out of CC and restarted my machine.
  • Yes I have tried to recreate this bug with a completely new file.

As of right now I'm working with a limited capacity since XD is entirely unuseable. Hopefully the product team can address this issue today or sooner than later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry for the trouble. Could you please share the information asked in the correct answer to this post so that we can investigate and log a bug for your issue?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea on when we will see an update with the bug fix? Is it going to be a day? a week? I was hoping given the severity of the bug in this release that the dev and QA teams would mark this as a critical bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed... this is definitely a critical bug when you cannot touch transitions without the entire app freezing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have de same problem in a Mac Pro Big Sur V 11.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they haven't heard about deadlines...we can't wait for the next versions...how will we be able to deliver projects, and prototypes for clients, waiting for the next versions...so frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right! And with no estimated times too... we have developers waiting on these, investors eyeing us wondering why design has stopped, and people testing these that are all waiting with no estimaed arrival time. I thought at first my computer wasn't powerful enough to handle all the wireframes inside one file and so I was trying out a different computer and constantly restarting mine only to realize it's simple bug inside XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just with this new release, sometimes when I go to prototype mode, then click on an Animation Transition (the line that connects the two artboards transitioning), as soon as I click on that line, the Tap word appears and the entire app freezes...

I can't click anywhere on the app and then when I try to quit the app, the spinning wheel of death appears. I then have to force quit it. Then when I open it open, go to prototype mode, and click on an animation transition it all starts over again. Same with deleting and reinstalling, and restarting my computer. I now cannot edit my wireframes at all because of this. PLEASE HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Sorry for the trouble. Here is a similar discussion happening: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/with-latest-xd-update-40-it-crashes-every-time-on-trying-to-...

The team is working on it and you will definitely see improvements in the next dot release soon.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link Harshika! Do you have any rough estimate for when that next dot release will take place? So that I can give some type of timeline to the people waiting for my designs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot give you the exact timeline for this but trust me you'll hear the good news soon. I am going to update the discussion as soon as the issue is fixed. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this exact problem too. I am now unable to continue designing and have no other options except to wait it out... Sorry developers and investors!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating this morning I have had the program crash on me 6 times.

What seems to be the trigger is whenever I am using the 'prototype' feature to set and create links between artboards. Currently working on a locally saved file. Mac OS.

Seriously interrupting workflow...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raack99007738,
could you list all the features of your computer? Does this problem occur with all your files? Have you tried to re-install the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as the comment below, update everything to its newest version and reinstalled... no fix. It seems to run fine for certain features but as soon as I begin prototyping... crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening with me too since Friday, when I did the last update...I tried everything...updated my Mac, unistalled XD and even the whole creative cloud app with all the other tools...I tried to work on local files, cloud files...nothing works....same version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, can't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are having a similar discussion happening here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/with-latest-xd-update-40-it-crashes-every-time-on-trying-to-...

I would request you to please join the discussion. The team is in a stage to fix the issue so you'll definitely see the fix soon.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue. But it is with only some specific component on one artboard. Every time I am trying to add interaction to or from that artboard XD crashes. All the other artboards are working fine.

I even tried copying everything to another artboard, but still XD crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same issue.  The project I am working on is due today, but XD is now useless with Prototyping freezing every time I try to even select a board.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines