• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD 44 : Single words in text not editable

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have a text block in Regular in XD and only want to write selected words in Bold, it no longer works. Suddenly the whole text block is bolded. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

{Title Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD & OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Is this happening with a specific fonts or multiple fonts?
  4. Please share a small video of what exactly is happening?

We're here to help, just need more details.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the very reason I'm about to dump XD. Utterly rediculous that you cannot use differnet type styles withing the same text box... for example.

I would really like to be able to write text like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi juliand23029699

We understand your frustration. It looks like you're looking for the similar functionality mentioned here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/41021311-apply-mul...

If yes, then we would request you to please upvote the request and submit your feedback. We'll also make sure to share your feedback with the team for future improvements.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using XD 7 months after the message above was posted and note that it still hasn't been resolved. This is a feature that must be included asap before more people jump ship and switch to Figma. Prior to my current contract I had only used Figma but my current employer uses XD so I've had to learn it in the past week. This is the first MAJOR flaw that I can see with XD compared to Figma. There were a couple of minor differences which Figma is also better at which I can get by without causing a fuss, but this font issue is major and should be addressed to improve usability. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to apply different fonts and styles to particular words in a text area, although I agree it is buggy and inconsistent.

SpasK_0-1635271673126.png

Sometimes fonts are randomly flagged as "missing", and the style resets after you stop editing the text. I assume it's part of the whole "bag" of issues with Xd's text engine, which we've been told is a Windows problem, and it's up to Microsoft to fix it in some future update... Hopefully when (and if) it is ever addressed, all these issues will be dealt with at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines