• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Xd and WordPress

Engaged ,
Oct 15, 2016 Oct 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After watching the tutorials, my impression is that the Xd workflows work are meant for static html/css/js projects. 

How would the Xd app UX/UI designs transfer to a bare-bone  WordPress theme?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Hi Polycontrast-

That's a great question! We're focused on the design iteration process, with the expectation that you would hand off to a developer for implementation, as there are a number of decisions that are generally made during implementation side for specific interactions and functionality. However, one thing you can do right now is export images for production. If you select File > Export, you'll see a number of options at the bottom that will export both high-res and low-res versions of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2016 Oct 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Polycontrast-

That's a great question! We're focused on the design iteration process, with the expectation that you would hand off to a developer for implementation, as there are a number of decisions that are generally made during implementation side for specific interactions and functionality. However, one thing you can do right now is export images for production. If you select File > Export, you'll see a number of options at the bottom that will export both high-res and low-res versions of your assets (or SVG) for usage on desktop and mobile implementations of your website.

Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 2.15.23 PM.png

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anything changed as far as a possible Wordpress integration with Adobe XD?

Is this even thought about? I'm a web developer that builds Wordpress sites for my clients and I would love to see this integrated with Wordpress responsive themes. This would change the game in my opinion. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is a design tool, not a coding tool. It's possible it could generate some code to help with parts... but design tools never do a good job at coding an entire HTML/CSS page, let alone a WordPress theme.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A machine building HTML/CSS? Ouch. Reminds me of the dreamweaver days when the code was terrible and you had to go in and change it all anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey @Polycontrast,

For your future projects, the easiest to convert your Adobe XD website design into a WordPress site is to use our plugin.

We have plenty of videos in our Youtube channel showing the process, for instance:

Have a look at our channel for other interesting videos on how to Refactor a UI or even Cloning a Website without coding.

For any questions, write us at hello@yotako.io or contact me directly at alfonso@yotako.io.

You can also ask any Design/WordPress related questions anytime on our forums at https://community.yotako.io.

Best,

Alfonso

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines