• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD keeps crashing regularly (Windows 10)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 on a GTX 1080 Ti. I've had this issue since a very long time. The latest graphic drivers are installed (released 17/08/2020). XD is updated too.

Crashes seem to happen randomly, ie when resizing a layer and even when just moving a layer. I cannot use XD at all because of this problem. If actively wanting to work on a project XD lasts no longer than 5 minutes before it crashes.

I keep pressing the Send Report button after the crash since weeks but never heard back from anyone and the crashes  weren't fixed in the recent XD updates.

What can I try to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Hi Kevin,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need to identify the root cause of the crash, so could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Is it crashing while working on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please ensure that you have the latest graphic card drivers as per the manufacturer's website.
  4. If it is already up to date, please collect system logs by following the steps shared:  here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
  5. W

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is there any update on this? I also sent you a DM, I NEED TO WORK BU CAN NOT FROM MY WINDOWS MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the thread,

I have exactly the same problem and it is very frustrating : when i launch a preview on any project on my windows computer, Adobe XD crashes and do NOT save the last edits...

Please fix it quickly because it's a shame to update the software and do not fix this huge bug that many people have told you on this forum.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I too am facing the same issue for a few hours now. Tried all possible troubleshooting methods suggested in the Adobe support community, nothing worked. It is really frustrating when you are trying to complete an important design.

Please fix this quickly as it is impacting a lot of important deliverables. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My XD is Crashing continuously, I have unintalled, Repaired Creative cloud suits and re-installed both, but still the sam issue, can anyone find the soltution , how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wait for a day....
https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/install-solved-can-t-verify-my-subscription-status-windows/m...
I faced this problem before.....
then I do nothing but adobe XD fixed by itself........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, by any chance when you open the software you get a white screen? What OS are you running the software on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem with you...and if you open task manager, the XD use almost 100 % Memory and Process...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Evan,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing crash issues with XD. Would you mind sharing the OS and XD version of your machine? Does the memory increases with any specific file open? Have you tried the below steps?

• Uninstall XD.
  • Quit Creative Cloud Desktop app and kill all related processes from Task Manager.
  • Delete temp files by going to run(Win+r) then %temp%
  • Delete Adobe XD CC folder from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
  • Restart the computer and install XD

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi My adobe XD takes too long to open, and when it opens it takes forever to do any task. I'm using windows 10 my PC is very good. 
The other Adobe softwares work very nicely, but I can't use Adobe Xd. 
When I try to do any taks inside XD it takes a long time and often my mouse transforms on the blue loading icon, if you know what I mean 🙂 And then it usualy crashes .
I hope anybody knows something that could help. None of the slow problems reported her seems to be the same. 

Thanks  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing performance issues with XD. Would you mind sharing the screenshot of your about XD info page? Does that happen with a specific file or all the files? 

Please try the below steps and let us know if that helps-

1. Sign out of XD and Creative Cloud Desktop app.
  2. Quit Creative Cloud Desktop app and kill all related processes from Task Manager.
  3. Delete temp files by going to run(Win+r) then %temp%
  4. Restart the machine.
  5. Sign back to both XD and Creative Cloud.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue files kept loading can't do anything other than close. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. See pictures attached.
It freezes just by opening the XD software. Im a begginer, trying to start a new Design, so Im not loading any files. 
Im trying from scratch. I may be doing something wrong, but it's very odd to take so long to opend the XD itself. Also it's very weird to take too long to even select a tool, it won't let me withot freezing. I also thing the Gui is bugged. 
I already unistalled and reinstalled the XD. It's not leting me access the about. I cant see any gui menu as the other softwares, so I cant see the about.

See picture 3, it took like 5 mintes from opening the XD to get there. And got frozend there, I can't even move the window.

I will follow your procedure and come back after to give a feedback. 

In the meanwhile let me know what yo think it may be.
Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if you saw my last message. So I'm putting it again here:

"Sure. See pictures attached.
It freezes just by opening the XD software. Im a begginer, trying to start a new Design, so Im not loading any files. 
Im trying from scratch. I may be doing something wrong, but it's very odd to take so long to opend the XD itself. Also it's very weird to take too long to even select a tool, it won't let me withot freezing. I also thing the Gui is bugged. 
I already unistalled and reinstalled the XD. It's not leting me access the about. I cant see any gui menu as the other softwares, so I cant see the about.

See picture 3, it took like 5 mintes from opening the XD to get there. And got frozend there, I can't even move the window.

I will follow your procedure and come back after to give a feedback. 

In the meanwhile let me know what yo think it may be."
Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the screenshot and trying the troubleshooting steps. In the 3rd screenshot, when you have the XD page opened up, please click on the Hamburger menu and go to Help and About XD and share the screenshot of the XD version

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I found it. 
I can use the XD. But it takes too long to open and to choose a project to continue. 

Thanks 

Felipe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. If you are still experiencing the slowness issue with XD. Could you please share the Adobe Logs with us so that we can escalate them for further investigation? If yes, please upload them to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM.

Note: Please add the URL of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, sick of it now, Ive recommend XD as the software of choice for our organisation and Im seriously beginning to regret that. 4 crashes in the space of an hour this morning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday started crashing for me also, after a big windows update... Blank screen and crash after opening a file. I reinstalles everything, no fix found, even tried all debugging steps from adobe page. Too bad that there is no fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I was working in another app and XD just closed for no reason and I lost 2 hours worth of work. Awful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've Same problem with adobe xd  latest version now (41.1.12.9), keeps crashing while I'm working on it on windows 10

I've core i5 + geforce gt 730 graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a new update, the 42 something. Hope that helps, and if it doesn't I'm not using this product anymore. It's pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, with the new 42 it hasn't crashed in like 20 minutes, which is good, because it was not letting me work for more than 10 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 42.1.22.4. Keeps crashing. And crashing. And crashing. About 10 times per day. Usually when I zoom in-out, sometimes for other reasons. This has been going on for months. 15 years of design and 25 years of using a computer, and I never in my life used an app that crashes so often.

Hundred of names mentioned as engineers & developers for this app and can't make it not f***ing crash every hour.

Great job, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It keeps crashing and crashing multiple times per day. Come on Adobe.. Step up your game!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep same here, it's getting unusable, if i wasn't forced to use this thing because of a work licence i would have switched a long time ago. 

Try to load up more than 1 file at a time - XD "oh no, i don't think so - CRASH

Selecting text on an artboard  - XD - "ha, no way mister" - FREEZE

Try to share a file for colleagues to work on  - XD - nah, can't let you do that - ERROR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines