• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD keeps crashing regularly (Windows 10)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 on a GTX 1080 Ti. I've had this issue since a very long time. The latest graphic drivers are installed (released 17/08/2020). XD is updated too.

Crashes seem to happen randomly, ie when resizing a layer and even when just moving a layer. I cannot use XD at all because of this problem. If actively wanting to work on a project XD lasts no longer than 5 minutes before it crashes.

I keep pressing the Send Report button after the crash since weeks but never heard back from anyone and the crashes  weren't fixed in the recent XD updates.

What can I try to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Hi Kevin,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need to identify the root cause of the crash, so could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Is it crashing while working on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please ensure that you have the latest graphic card drivers as per the manufacturer's website.
  4. If it is already up to date, please collect system logs by following the steps shared:  here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
  5. W

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing with me. Just done an hour of work, saving regularly and noticed "saving" was constantly displaying at the top of the screen. I moved an element to another part of the design and it just crashed. Upon opening, none of the changes had been saved at all. 
Adobe, you charge money for this product and I've submitted multiple crash reports.
I use Adobe XD because it's fairly easy to use and cross platform, unlike Sketch. I'll be looking for another solution if this isn't resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. A screenshot of the About XD info page, under the Help menu.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. If you are on the latest version of XD which is 43.0 then, please collect the system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
  4. Please enable the crash dump, by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html once XD crashes, please collect and share the logs from this location: %LocalAppData%/crashdumps

Note: Please add the logs to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and share the link through DM by clicking on my name. Please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, I can't able to use a keyboard in adobe xd. I don't know why this happening
If anybody knows how to fix it. please let me know as soon as possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. The solution I found is to open another xd document then move any element in the design. Then I will go back to the file I am working on and the keyboard starts to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same problem from last month, keep sending the crash report but there is no response from adobe, this is shameful, we have to switch somewhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines