Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD Prototype wires are inconsistent and break

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear XD users

Have been struggling with XD so much lately. I have created a few prototypes to go to testing and after testing them myself to test the wires, it was all good. Once I saw the user videos, loads of the wires were not working. I checked the file and all the wires were there as they should. Now this is happening to me as well and is causing my work to be extended by loads of hours or get unexpected results from testing workshops.

1. Why is this happening?

2. Is there a way to fix it?

3. Is XD just not that good?

Please let mew know asap.

Thanks

V

TOPICS
Product performance , Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. A screenshot of the Prototype Window.
  3. A small video of what exactly is happening?
  4. Will it be possible for you to share the link with us? If yes, please share it through DM.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So it's I have the latest version of XD.

The rest I can not share as the is no point to do that. The problem is inconsistent so it doesn't always happen.

I will share the prototype in DM though. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you generate an entirely different prototype link from the same file, are the links working, or the same links are broken as the initial prototype? This experiment would indicate if it's a problem with the generation process, or with the file itself.

Is there something in common between the broken links? Overlays, auto-animate, are they between components? A sample with a file and a broken prototype made from that file will go a long way for us to try and find the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

Yeah it happens again even with new links. It usually tends to happen on the overleys, so once I create a fake typing journey with a keyboard overly, it opens the keyboard but then doesn't go to the next screen. By saying that it's not only there, it happens with other random. actions like push left etc. As I said, it's very inconsistent so I am not sure how to describe this. 

I can't even record a screen because it doesn't always happen so it would take me hours to capture it. 

I know this doesn't help explain it much but I hope anything like this stops happening. It's meesing up a lot of work and adds extra work hours that should go elsewhere. 

Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines