• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD saying it's "not yet available for your device" but it was installed earlier!

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting a message stating XD is "not yet available for my Device" on both my MAC M1 Big Sur 11.5.2 and Windows 10 build 19042.1052 laptop.

Started out I needed to update the MAC desktop version of XD to version 42.1.xx so I could view another user's file. But Creative Cloud was saying it was already up-to-date even though it was version 42.0.xx. Was trying to reinstall it hoping it would fix the issue now it won't install! Says it's not yet available for my device even though it was installed earlier! CC is saying the same thing on my Windows machine. It's also no longer showing up in CC as an install option under the Desktop apps. Only mobile. All other apps in our plan are fine.

Yesterday, 8/24/2021, when this all started, it looked like Adobe was having some Cloud issues, but they said it's been resolved.

Used Adobe cleaner tool, still same issue.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adrian,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please confirm if you uninstalled Adobe CC Desktop app using the Adobe Cleaner Tool? If yes, then would you mind trying the solution shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/xd/kb/adobe-xd-not-compatible-on-windows-machine.html for Windows machine and for macOS, please sign out of XD and reboot the mac once and let us know if that helps.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I used the Adobe Cleaner tool on my MAC to wipe it out. But don't think that's the issue because I experienced the same issue with a few other machines, both PC and Mac. When I logged into CC as a different user, XD showed that it could be installed. It installed fine and when I switched back to my account I was able to use it. I uninstalled it again to see if it would show up in the list of desktop apps available to install and it didn't even though it's in my plan. Other users are having the same issue and nothing was changed on the accounts. It seemed to coincide with the outage a couple of days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious if this ever got resolved? I'm having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sdasilva03,

We are sorry for the frustration. We would request you to please share the details of your operating system and the version of XD you're trying to install.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I used the CC cleaner tool to uninstall all the apps, I restarted my MAC (Big Sur) and then reinstalled Creative Cloud. The app online shows half of my apps. When I log in to see all my apps and attempt to install Photoshop, Illustrator or XD I get the error: "not yet available for my Device". They were all working fine yesterday, and since the cleaner tool and reinstall of CC none of them will install. 

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok the issue ended up being that our company implemented a system management tool which restricted certain updates and apps.... 😞 😞 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh no! Mine is through my college. I guess it could be that. I'll contact IT and see what's up. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines