• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD window not scrolling

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love XD on the Mac but wanted to show it off on Windows 10. Interestingly, the workspace will not scroll using arrows or the touchscreen. The application does not appear to see that the workspace is larger than the available real estate. Obviously with 30-40 mockups, this becomes a big issue and renders the app unusable. The device in question is a Lenovo Miix 520 convertible running Windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

As we continue to investigate this, it looks you may be hitting two different problems:

• Spacebar-drag panning: This is blocked in all apps by the default trackpad drivers on most Thinkpad/Lenovo laptops.  You'll see the same problem in Photoshop as well, for example.  See below for two workaround options.
  • Two-finger panning: We're still not sure what's going on with this, but we found one computer at the office that has the same problem, so we'll keep digging into it.  Most Thinkpads do not have t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does touch pad  work? How about holding SPACE and panning?  Are you using the app in connected or detached mode?

Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is panning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several ways you should be able to pan/scroll the canvas view in XD on Windows:

• If you have a new enough trackpad, you can use two fingers there to pan in any direction.
  • If you have a mousewheel, you can use the wheel to scroll vertically, or hold down Shift to scroll horizontally.  (You can also hold down Alt to zoom).
  • Press and hold Spacebar, then click and drag to pan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shift + scroll = horizontal scroll! Who knew??? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what happens when the dsign get stuck in one generation of designers. There are 4 modifier buttons on keyboard and  3 to 5 on the mouse just sitting idle and you expect people to try space. Not everyone is working in front of a MacBook pro or a touchscreen... So tilting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that the press and hold space-bar shortcut doesn't work on all of my Adobe packages and am using a HP PC.. and without a mouse or a track pad scrolling and panning is quite hard any other scrolling or panning options??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not scrolling the wireframe, is not enable in windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're asking for. Are you looking for scrolling artboards, or navigating through your artboards? The OP is referencing the pan behavior.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lenovo Yoga 900 with Windows 10

Can't do panning anyhow. Nor with touchpad, nor with touch screen, nor by dragging with holding space key, nor by two finger scrolling.

Pinch gesture for zoom in and zoom out works fine on touchpad, but not on touchscreen.

When mouse is plugged in I can do panning by holding space key and moving mouse. Panning with mouse's scrolling wheel also works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agentges: Touch screen gestures are not supported in Adobe XD yet.  But you should be able to pan by dragging with two fingers on the touchpad (just as you scroll/pan in other apps), or by click-dragging while holding down Space.  It sounds like neither of those is working for you, though.  Does scrolling/panning that way work in other Windows 10 "UWP" apps on your computer?  For example, you could try the 3D Builder app that comes with Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agentges - Here are a two other things you could try:

• If you have the "auto hide Taskbar" setting enabled, try disabling it (so the Taskbar is always visible).  This may improve the reliability of two-finger touchpad panning on some systems.
  • Go to "Mouse & Touchpad" settings in Control Panel, and look for an option labeled "To help prevent the cursor from accidentally moving while you type..."  Changing this setting to "No Delay" may improve the reliability of dragging with Spacebar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither panning methods works for me. The only way to pan is byusing pinch gesture to zoom out and then zoom in to other point.

As workaround I can use mouse for daragging while holding Space, but with touchad panning is not possible now.

My windows taskbar is always visible.

3D Builder app handles two finger gestures without issues (pinch to zoom, two finger vertical scroll, two finger horizontal scroll)

Maybe this will help if I say that I have Multiswipe app istalled on my system (MultiSwipe touchpad and touchscreen custom gestures), but it overrides only 3 and 4 finger gestures, and I never had scrolling issues in any app (3D builder works fine).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try disabling MultiSwipe temporarily to see if the problems with XD go away?  That will help us know which direction to investigate.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. I've disabled autorun for Multiswipe, then restarted system. Problem with XD is still here.

While holding Space, cursor changes to hand and freezes (can't be moved). When I release Space, cursor unfreeze and returns to it's initial view.

Do you need more details?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the second bullet I suggested above?

• Go to "Mouse & Touchpad" settings in Control Panel, and look for an option labeled "To help prevent the cursor from accidentally moving while you type..."  Changing this setting to "No Delay" may improve the reliability of dragging with Spacebar.

That setting could be causing the "frozen hand cursor" issue you're describing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried. No effect with any delay value. With and without multiswipe started.

When I do two finger move (vertical or horizontal) in XD cursor just disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still need help, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with the URL of this post over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we continue to investigate this, it looks you may be hitting two different problems:

• Spacebar-drag panning: This is blocked in all apps by the default trackpad drivers on most Thinkpad/Lenovo laptops.  You'll see the same problem in Photoshop as well, for example.  See below for two workaround options.
  • Two-finger panning: We're still not sure what's going on with this, but we found one computer at the office that has the same problem, so we'll keep digging into it.  Most Thinkpads do not have this problem.

There are two different options for getting Spacebar-drag to work:

• a) Press and hold Spacebar, then tap and release any other key (e.g. the Alt key).  Still holding down Space, mouse down and drag on the trackpad -- now panning should work.  (The trackpad driver just wants to see some keyup event before it will allow the trackpad to work).
  • b) Open Windows settings and go to "Mouse & touchpad" settings.  Click on "Additional mouse options," then go to the "Thinkpad" tab, click Settings, go to the "Advanced" tab, then go to the "Smart Check" nested sub-tab.  Drag the "Palm Check Threshold" slider all the way to the "Min" side.  Anything other than the absolute minimum will not fix the issue.

Hope that helps!  We'll keep you posted if we figure out anything for the two-finger pan/zoom gestures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right, I have Spacebar-drag panning issue in Photoshop, but usually I solve it by using Hand tool.

• Spacebar-drag panning: Option a) works fine for XD and Photoshop. Option b): now I can move cursor while holding spacebar, but can't clutch and drag.
  • Two-finger panning: I can do vertical and horizontall scrolling in Photoshop and other apps (e.g. 3D builder and browsers), but not in XD

Is it impossible to add Hand tool to XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're continuing to investigate why two-finger panning isn't working -- this appears to be an issue that occurs only on certain models of ThinkPads.  Two-finger panning is the preferred way of navigating around in XD because it's very fast & smooth.

For spacebar dragging...  The 'hand not clutching' thing is another Lenovo/ThinkPad issue we've seen before -- though I would've expected it to happen before too (or not at all), not just when you're using workaround B.  Two other options that may work to solve this issue (in conjunction with continuing to use workaround B):

• Set your "To help prevent the cursor from accidentally moving..." setting to "No Delay" (see my earlier message above).
  • Click and drag with the middle trackpad button, instead of the left button.

Hope that helps.  We'll keep you posted once we know more about the two-finger pan issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean saying " middle trackpad button"?

My Lenovo Yoga 900 has only one physical clicker in touchpad, which is usually treated as left mouse button. Right mouse button is emulated when I click on bottom right corner of touchpad.

How can I click "middle button"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this article helps:

How to Middle Click on a Laptop Touchpad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We believe we understand what's going on with the two-finger panning issue on Lenovo laptops now, and we are working on a fix.  We'll let you know when an update containing the fix is available!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app is basically unusable on my Wacom Companion, Some items work using the keyboard short cuts but other than that its basically junk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines