• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD 34 : Document Assets / Character Styles doesn't work after latest update

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated my Adobe XD (34.0.12.33) on Mac OS Cataline (10.15.7).

Now the majority of the Character Styles don't work. They all worked fine yesterday and have done for the last week working on this project. But now after the update, if I highlight text on the Artboard and click through the Character Styles only certain ones change.

For example I have the same Font/Weight but in several sizes (72, 60, 48, 36, 30, 24, 18, 16, 14, 12, 11) ...only 2 (30 + 60) actually change anything!

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

{Title renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020
  • Hi All,

Thankyou for your patience. It looks like the bug is fixed in XD 36.0 version. Could you please check and confirm if you're still experiencing the issue? If yes, then I would request you to please continue using the workaround- "If you are using a character style where font size is in decimal, please delete it and recreate the character style with font size in whole number instead of decimals and check if that works. " and share the below-asked details with us.

• Collect the logs us

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Is this happening with a specific font or multiple fonts?
  4. Please share a small video of the workflow and what exactly is happening.

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

1. Version is in the above comment - Adobe XD (34.0.12.33)

2. Multiple Files

3. Multiple Fonts

4. I can't share a video as I'm covered by NDA. I will try and create a video later with different assets.

Cheers,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Steve,

Thanks for sharing the info. Are you facing the similar issue described here in the video of this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-character-styles-problem/m-p/11522239?page=1#M38680?

We will try our best to investigate on the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, yeah that looks like the same issue to me!

Bizarrely I have 2 different fonts and both only change on the versions that are 30px and 60px.

At least I know I'm not going crazy now. Thanks for all the quick responses 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. Since the update, character styles are buggy. I start writing a text then I try to apply the style from the character style panel, but it does nothing. (Windows 10)

Any idea what's causing this? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexandra,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please share a small video of the workflow and what exactly is happening.

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rishabh!

It's version 34.0.12.

Seems like it works fine on other files (tested just 2)

Workflow vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-u2qcFBQbM

Thanks for looking into it, cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that. In order to reproduce this, we'll need to identify the root cause of why it's happening on that specific file. Could you please check if it's happening with multiple fonts or a specific font? If it's happening with a specific font, please share the font details and also please check if the behaviour is same using that specific font on a different file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

I'm having the same issue as everyone else on here. Tried not using decimals but that didn't work either, the character styles just aren't appying. I don't see a solution after reading through many of these, can you please advise?

Thanks,

Binay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi XD Team,

As the subject says - clicking on character styles does not apply the style to the text anymore. Please help! I'm working on a huge project and it'd be a hassle to apply the attributes manually to the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Hi All,

Thankyou for your patience. It looks like the bug is fixed in XD 36.0 version. Could you please check and confirm if you're still experiencing the issue? If yes, then I would request you to please continue using the workaround- "If you are using a character style where font size is in decimal, please delete it and recreate the character style with font size in whole number instead of decimals and check if that works. " and share the below-asked details with us.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

PS: Merged Conversation. Marked as correct only to Highlight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After saving character styles to the library, I can no longer click on them to appy the styles to a selected text element. Right clicking and selecting "apply character styles" does not do anything either.

For whatever reason, this only happens for the first six styles, after which clicking on the character style does as expected. This happens in both grid and list view. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated XD this morning when all of a sudden I couldn't apply styles to texts anymore. Turns out the app can't interpret decimals in styles anymore, according to the technical support. Also because you can't open any XD files in older versions(!), I now have to reassess and change all my styles in a huge project and have to tell the developers which em to you use for all styles. Manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. I understand your concern and I agree this should have not happened however I'd like to assure you that we are working on it. We have already logged the bug and escalated this to the Engineering team and they are working on it. Meanwhile, please try the suggestions shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/latest-update-has-broken-document-assets-character-styles-xd...

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update? This is such a silly bug-- but also affects so many projects that it makes me question the viability of the tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Atul_Saini  just to confirm it is the decimal line-height that causes the issue. Which is ok and I can work around.

The only thing I would add is that, I never used decimal values until recently but as our devs prefer to use decimal CSS line-hieght values, like `1.2` etc I changed so everything was aligned (and I could just tell them what the conventions were). So might be good if this was resolved in a future release? But nothing urgent I guess, thanks for the quick replies, advice and fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly the issue. I modified the font size of the character styles which weren't working (all of them had decimal values) to be non-decimal, and the character styles now work. I hope they patch this ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, the character styles panel is still broken. A majority of the styles will not apply to text when clicked on. No idea why it does this, but it is an absolutely breaking bug that greatly hinders my ability to work. This is a basic feature of XD and not being able to use it is extremely problematic. When can we expect a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven,

Sorry to hear that. We understand how frustrating it could be. There is already a bug logged for the issue and the team is investigating on it. You will definitely see the improvements in the future releases of XD. In the mean time, please try the workaround suggested in the correct answer to this post.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated today hoping to be able to use XD for work again only to find that the character styles are still not working as they should. I'm extremely disheartened as our company has gotten a new project and if it fixed this week I will have to seek out another UI design solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven,

We apologize for the inconvenience. The team is still investigating on the issue. I would suggest trying the workaround mentioned in the correct answer to this post in the meantime and see if that helps.

We will share the updates here as soon as we hear anything from the team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
As written in the subject, text styling is no more working. It works before, did XD update, works no more (not even surprised btw, typical adobe thing). Uninstall, install, same. Just wasting my time, again and again and again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm also having the issue of text styles no longer working. I tried recreating them, but still nothing. They have no decimal points. 

When will this be fixed??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update to XD 34.1.12.9 broke the character styles. It has stopped working and just won't apply. Even after the computer restarts.

4yFb6Ir8kc.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines