• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD's welcome page is blank, version 36.2.32.5. And language setting is odd.

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

Well,  I have been updating XD from CC regularly and it didn't have any issues. Until, today, that I wanted to use the English version (previously, it was Chinese version). Then I realised that the language settings have been dimmed, so I changed my OS language to English, but it didn't affect XD. My CC program is set to prefered language English, but after I reinstalled XD, not long it was still Chinese, but also I got this empty welcome page, I can still open my older files no problem, but I lost the default artboards entrance shown on the welcome page.

Later today, I have contacted Support, suggusted that I uninstalled XD and logged out CC, using Cleaner Tool as well, and rebooted my Computer, still, after reinstalled XD, same thing happened with language and blank welcome page.

Some information:

XD starter v36.2.32.5(Jan 29th, 2021).

MacOS 

I really like the previous language settings, that it goes with your OS language, but now it's dimmed... I understand that CC suite uses language as one of the selling point, but still... This sucks when we work in a multi-language environment that sometimes we do need to change it English. And Even under the Chinese version, re-name an artboard with Chinese, all you get is wrong Characters, this, never happened before.

I understand there are lots of restrictions with Chinese users here, but, as more and more UX designers switch to XD, this is really not helping.

If there are solutions to this matter, pls link me to it. Thanks.

Hope everyone is keeping safe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Regarding the UI language, could you confirm if you have tried the suggestion shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/change-display-language-to-english-without-changing-my-syste...

Regarding the blank home screen, could you please try the suggestions shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/home-tab-broken-can-t-create-new-document/m-p/11782199?page=...

I see that the support team already tried re-installing however could you confirm if you have tested XD on a new user profile?

If that doesn't help either, please generate the logs using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html 

Once the logs are generated, please upload them to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message. 

We'll try our best to help you with it. 

Note: Please add the URL of the post over a PM for reference.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Sorry for the long overdue reply. 

1. UI Language.

The suggestion didn't help, sorry to say this. The early versions of XD pre-2020 I think, that I was able to switch the language if I change my system language. But the latest versions the language option is not there any more, it's grey. I have removed everything adobe and re-installed XD, when I ran it for the first time after installation, it says: You are entitled to use XD in simplified Chinese, I mean, WHAT? Notice that My Computer System Language is English. See screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 10.49.03 AM.png

2. Empty Welcome Page (after reinstalling it for so many times, still having empty welcome screen, see screenshot above)

I will upload the log for you, and send you the link.

Thanks for helping me out.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And one more thing,

Regarding the artboard names being ridiculous.... That under Chinese UI language, the artboard names are correct on layer panels, but on the design area are random characters, which, never happens before...

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 11.17.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines