Highlighted

Bug when exporting to PDF

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! When I try to export my project to PDF, some of the letters jump around and overlap, and the kerning is completely off. Are there a workaround to this problem? It seems to happen with the font San Francisco specifically. Other fonts exports just fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Bug when exporting to PDF

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! When I try to export my project to PDF, some of the letters jump around and overlap, and the kerning is completely off. Are there a workaround to this problem? It seems to happen with the font San Francisco specifically. Other fonts exports just fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 24, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of these issues in PDF export. From what I understand, the issue has been fixed in an internal build and should be available in a future update.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2019 1
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8/12/20 Update

Hello all.

I am having this exact issue with SF font not exporting properly into PDF format. The text looks fine in my XD file but when I export, the letters are smashed together or overlapping. I have the most up to date XD, have tried renaming the file as I export and even copying the contents onto a new artboard. However the issue of exporting a PDF from XD is still very buggy. I noticed it does not always do this with every export, but most of my files as of today are exporting not properly. I tried looking around to see if this has been addressed or if there have been any other solutions but have not found any.

The workaround I have found for now is copying the vector art from XD into Adobe Illustrator and exporting a PDF from that program. It is not the most quick solution but it works.

I hope this will get addressed again in the near future. SF font is the font used for iOS and the screens we work on are client facing to showcase this. Thank you.

~J

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2020 0