Highlighted

[Design]-Dark Theme for XD

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my name is Waqas and i'm a UI/UX Engineer <user information removed by moderator>. I love XD like many others and i use Adobe Suite for my projects but i most of the products like Photoshop, Illustrator have dark themes whereas Adobe XD still has the basic white theme which is hard on eyes specially when working at night in a room. It will be nice to have an option to switch between night and day mode.

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi Waqas,

Thank you for reaching out. I would suggest submitting your feedback here: Dark Interface (overall UI including side panels) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs on our UserVoice page and upvote this feature to add your voice.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Harshika

TOPICS
Design, Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

[Design]-Dark Theme for XD

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my name is Waqas and i'm a UI/UX Engineer <user information removed by moderator>. I love XD like many others and i use Adobe Suite for my projects but i most of the products like Photoshop, Illustrator have dark themes whereas Adobe XD still has the basic white theme which is hard on eyes specially when working at night in a room. It will be nice to have an option to switch between night and day mode.

{Renamed by MOD}

Hi Waqas,

Thank you for reaching out. I would suggest submitting your feedback here: Dark Interface (overall UI including side panels) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs on our UserVoice page and upvote this feature to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

TOPICS
Design, Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 04, 2019 11
New Here ,
May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there a possibility to access a dark interface of the software? I work in Adobe Xd but i can't work much, I have eye floaters and a dark interface could help me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2018 4
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I use a "dark mode" in Windows 10 using the High Contrast color settings in the WIndows Personalization settings.  This makes many programs dark just by making window background panes dark.  But it seems as though there are only a few sparse areas that XD doesn't have covered with white.  (as seen in image)

Is there any way to utilize a dark mode in XD, or planned to happen, OR a simple enough way to change it through the developer console?  I'll be designing mockups with dark background in XD, and I'd love to have a dark workspace as well.  Thanks for any help! 

XD_BrightAf.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RoyceJennings​,

Thats quite a valid point. You can search for this feature if its under progress or you can simply request for this.
Please visit
Adobe XD: Feature Requests: Top (1760 ideas) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Regards.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link to the feature request is broken. Here is the up-to-date link: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12940362-dark-inte...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this feature in the backlog since 2016? I have been using Sketch for almost 3 years now wanting to adapt fully into the Adobe suite and this is the only feature of XD that keeps me with other software. I look at a screen for more than 9 hours a day doing UI work and dark mode is a life saver for my eyes. Studies suggest that continued exposure to blue light over time could lead to damaged retinal cells. This can cause vision problems like age-related macular degeneration as well as impact your circadian rhythm. Ironically, I'm currently designing UI for a company that develops treatments for nAMD and using software like XD that doesn't support dark mode feels counterintuitive to their endeavor.

Sorry for the rant. I've just really wanted to use XD, I've been following since beta.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the only thing you can do is keep sending messages via the feedback options.

As shown in this link others are still asking the same question.

Those of us on the forum who answer questions can't help to push anything forward, the majority of us don't work for Adobe and would have to go through the same feedback channels that we direct others to.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Waqas,

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link is to a feedback post, marked as a feature-in-backlog almost four years ago with 2500+ votes and 350+ comments.

How many more voices have to be added for this feature to be considered?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2020 10
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A dark theme for Adobe Xd would be really great, specially for those who constantly use it for work.

<The title was renamed by moderator>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 2
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Valentinap,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have seen a similar request has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12940362-dark-inte... 

We would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice. 

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2600 votes. Is this not enough?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, black pixels are relatively more expensive than white and gray ones, so that's why Adobe really really really wants to be absolutely sure we desperately need them. They might even cause a raise in our subscription fee... 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2020 2