Highlighted

IOS UI Kits Downloading as .dmg

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there -

I've tried downloading the IOS UI Kits for Adobe XD CC several times to no avail.  The file is downloading as .dmg.  When I go to select the app to open, XD is not an option despite being loaded on my PC (Windows 10). I've tried going into XD and opening the file directly, but the .dmg filetype doesn't show up (even with showing "All Files").  When I manually enter the filename, selecting the file results in the error message "File type not supported."  I'm at a loss.  Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

TOPICS
FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

IOS UI Kits Downloading as .dmg

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there -

I've tried downloading the IOS UI Kits for Adobe XD CC several times to no avail.  The file is downloading as .dmg.  When I go to select the app to open, XD is not an option despite being loaded on my PC (Windows 10). I've tried going into XD and opening the file directly, but the .dmg filetype doesn't show up (even with showing "All Files").  When I manually enter the filename, selecting the file results in the error message "File type not supported."  I'm at a loss.  Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

TOPICS
FAQ, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 20, 2018 10
Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey MEAKELLEY

It looks like the issue needs to be reported to Apple support as it provides the only .dmg file for all other apps even Sketch and Photoshop.

However, I will also raise this concern to our XD product team for further investigation on it.

Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2018 7
New Here ,
May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update to this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like Apple has discontinued support for providing iOS kits on Windows. I am not sure if they are reversing their decision any time soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2018 2
New Here ,
May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response Preran. That's unfortunate. Any suggestions for an XD user with Windows moving forward on how to prepare apps for ios? Or would it be easier to stick with the wire frames?

Thanks, Whit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use 7-Zip to open .dmg file and extract.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2018 25
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah! 7Zip solved problem thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2018 8
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that worked!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how to add it into adobe Xd after extract it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just get a bunch of folders and a few files with no extensions. Do I just dump these folders and files into the Adobe XD UI Kits (AppData) folder?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2018 2
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

esta es la mejor respuesta, la otra solo descomprime y subió a google drive, injusto

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't!   That's why xD is not winning many converts from Sketch.
Sketch stores everything and tells you when it needs to be updated. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried  dmg to zip - CloudConvert  and converted .dmg file to .zip

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2018 2
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2018 37
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2018 1
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that worked!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2018 1
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really helped me a lot. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the download link!

-10 points to Apple

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2018 2
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this worked. But disappointed that I took 2 hours converting from dmg to zip to some other format. Why is the UI kit in .dmg format when it is supposed to be in .xd?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2018 1
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much buddy! you helped me alot!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Got anything like this for IOS 13 pack?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the cloud converted did was create a ZIP file containing the DMG.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just fails now with iOS 13

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made a post on this same exact topic. IOS kits are aggravating. Wonder if the other ui kits are same. all tutorials for xd are severely outdated as of dec 5 2018. 7Zip, winzip are a pain to understand and learn alongside xd at the same time also. How long is the wait time for adobe to fix this? When you get this far in XD which is the first 30 minutes of any tutorial (for the new users) just simply stop.  Best tip Draw your own. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2018 2
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2019 5
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rohang26347645​ thanks heaps for the iOS 12 conversion and download. How did you do that? It would be super handy to know so we can do the same thing with the MacOS design kit as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is STILL not fixed! It's over a year ago. Come on people.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a problem for the Adobe XD team to solve. It's a policy restriction from Apple from what i understand.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2019 2
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use 7zip to open dmg file

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I tried with 7zip but did not work buti I solved with a similar free sw named Peazip. Once installed, choose convert to ZIP file and you should be able to decompress the ZIP file and see all folders with all XD files too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're glad to hear you're able to solve the issue and thank you for sharing the solution here that worked for you. This will definitely help our custoer to fix the issue. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD.

We would be happy to help. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't Adobe offer these kits themselves? Or is that a copyright issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple creates them, so they are the owner, not Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 0