• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing eye icon to show password

Participant ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my project I can't show password when I updating layout and share it on cloud for customer. Only in fresh, new project when I want to set password this eye icon is availible. How to show passwords in already created projects? What if I forgot my pass? I need to update it? Image below.

pass.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Member of the product team here. This is intentional and is designed this way for security reasons. In other words, if you attach your .xd document to an Email or something, you don't want anyone who has the file (which could be anyone, once someone else forwards the Email along) to see your password.

The only thing you can do, as you mentioned, is to reset the password by changing it. Once you create a new password, you can enable the eye during the reset process.

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

Product M

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BryanPS,

Thanks for sharing this feedback, could you please share the version of Adobe XD which you are using? I would also like to know the OS version as well.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! My Xd version is latest one (yesturday updated: 17.0.12.11). OS: Windows 10, 64-bit (always latest version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean. Looks like this feature is as designed. I completely get your requirement, but there is probably a reason it was designed this way. In any case, I suggest creating a feedback request using this link Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so please tell my how cat I see my password without updating it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Member of the product team here. This is intentional and is designed this way for security reasons. In other words, if you attach your .xd document to an Email or something, you don't want anyone who has the file (which could be anyone, once someone else forwards the Email along) to see your password.

The only thing you can do, as you mentioned, is to reset the password by changing it. Once you create a new password, you can enable the eye during the reset process.

Hope that helps!

-Elaine

Product Manager

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

elainecc  napisaÅ‚(-a)

OK, thank you. I just had a problem here. I send password to customers via e-mail but I lost all my messages (server bug), and didn't remember password (random numbers and letters string). I was sure that I could do it faster by some password reminder function or something like that. It would be nice to write some extra functionality here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines