• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Text]-Adobe XD can't use some of the installed fonts.

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example I've tried installing Roboto via Adobe Fonts and by putting it into the system Fonts folder. According to Adobe Fonts Roboto and all its styles are installed/activated but in XD only regular and condensed light are available to apply.

I tried restarting Adobe XD.

This issue is not occuring in Photoshop.

I'm on Windows 10 and XD is up to date (26.0.22).

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, do you happen to use a font manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using FontBase before, which again - provided fonts for Photoshop but not XD...

Then I shut it down and started checking other options. It's not launched at the moment, so I guess technically I'm not using a font manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right, it should be turned off. However, have you tried disabling, activating fonts and restarting your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I rebooted my PC a couple of times after that.

As for disabling, also tried doing that, in Fontbase and now in Adobe fonts, but I guess the main issue here is that unlike all other programs XD is not picking up fonts from the system fonts folder in the first place... What if I need to use some custom (web-optimized) font that is not available in Adobe Fonts and the only way of using it would be to install it directly and put it into the fonts folder? XD is just gonna ignore it, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.PNG2.PNG

Almost the same thing with Open Sans. There are 13 styles but only 7 are available in XD 😢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble using fonts in XD. I am unable to reproduce this at my end on windows machine and I am able to see all the 13 styles for Open Sans and Roboto. Would you mind trying to sign out of XD and sign back in and then reboot the system?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you but it didn't work either, it's all the same.

Can you please clarify whether or not XD is equipped to work with third party fonts outside of Adobe Fonts? Because if it's not then frankly I don't really see a point in digging into this problem here, since I will need those other fonts most likely at some point and hence XD is just not suitable for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines