Whenever I use a Variable Font, eg. Inter, in XD in Windows 10 the corresponding weights doesn't show up instead it shows up a list with Regular weight repeated. I haven't face this problem in Mac OS. Please help.
OK, seems like it's not an XD Issue, it's Windows 10 Issue. Even in Windows 10 Font Dropdown, it shows the same. Solution is to install separate font weights separately.
Nice to hear you are able to fix the issue and thanks for sharing the solution. This will definitely help our customer who will face the similar issue.
What does that mean to install separate font weights separately?
This solution is not working for me
I have the exact same issue but reinstalling the font weights separately didn't work. Even though Windows 10 displays the fonts as 'Regular', I can use the weight variables in Illustrator and Photoshop. I'm only having issue with Adobe XD
Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please check if the font-weight appears as a separate font in Adobe XD instead of showing under that specific font. Also please share the font details.
I have the same issue. Cant use any variable fonts. Adobe XD show only "Regular" and the font-weight doesn't seem to change on choosing any. But it works fine on Photoshop and Illustrator.
Installed a new font
Jost from google fonts. Tried installing both the variable and individual files, nothing worked.
Here is the font link https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Jost
Same problem with other variable fonts too. I'm not able to work because of this.
Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please check if the font-weights appears as a separate font in Adobe XD instead of showing under the font-weight drop-down?
I have a similar issue with the Inter font.
I have installed separate weights separately. And even in the dropdown, all I can see is a single Inter font and that's it. The font weights are nowhere to be found as separate fonts of their own.
Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with fonts in XD and thanks for trying the suggestion mentioned in the post. Would you mind sharing the OS and screenshot of your about XD info page so that we can investigate on the issue and report it to the team?
Hi! So far I'm still having this issue, but I've found a probable cause and a solution or workaround.
For what I tested, I'm only having this issue with the fonts labelled as 'Variable fonts' in google fonts. These fonts come with a variable font file, and a folder with more standard font weights. Neither of these types of files work in XD. I'm thinking the issue here is that the regular font weights are somehow related to the variable font file, and that's causing errors both in Windows 10 and XD. All the fonts in google without the label 'variable font' work fine.
As a workaround, I discovered that the official site for the Inter font has a download file that has many font files that are not realated to the variable one. I.E: The download includes some folders for windows and mac OS, webfiles and variable files, all separately. I found that the files in these folders work perfectly in Windows and XD. I've tried to download another fonts that are listed in google fonts from their respective official foundries and they also worked fine.
Hope this helps!
Thanks for sharing! I have the same issues with a lot of Google Fonts.
It worked for the Marope font!
I had the same issue and finally I realized that's a Google's font problem.
In my case was "Manrope" font, I unziped the file and the 6 font files, have the same weight, date and time. After that, I reviewed each file, and actually are the same.
So, the solution it's so simple: Download the font file from other source like FontSquirrel.
I hope that's works for you!
Many thanks. Its really helped me. Whats wrong with google fonts...
Hi, I insist... If is Google Font problem... Why Illustrator work correctly?
Try Quicksand font. Google's QuickSand is pretty font, but Fontsquirrel's doesn't... they are different, Illustrator uses it right way but XD doesn't.
Please XD team, check this for us, you'll give us a great gift!
I had the same issue with Manrope from Google Fonts. Thanks for the tip - the Font Squirrel version worked.
This is amazing! did the trick for me!!! Uninstalled the font from Google fonts, downloaded from Font Squirrel and installed again. It works!
It happened on my computer as well. I think there was some font conflict. Hence it took only regular font-weight or whichever was installed at first.
In order to fix this issue one has to remove fonts from windows. Follow this link for step by step process https://www.windowscentral.com/how-manage-fonts-settings-windows-10-april-2018-update
Then activate the fonts from adobe creative cloud font library https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts
This has solved my font issue in my xd. Hope this helps.
Hi. I tried another way: Just installed the fonts that are NOT in the Static folder as the fonts in the Static folder are clearly the same font. I tried downloading the font from FontSquirrel but it is the same font as in Google Fonts. Just try installing the fonts (variable) that are NOT in the Static folder when you download the fonts. This worked for me.
Thanks for reaching out and sharing the solution. I am sure it will help other community members. Feel free to reach out to us in case if you have any questions or issues in the future.