Highlighted

Unable to enter text in Adobe Xd (bug)

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Periodicity does not select the text and does not enter it where it is needed, but enters it in a random place, for example, in the "size" field. This bug is the entire existence of the program. I have a midday version. New PC, Last win update 10. I'm so angry that I’m ready to stop using the program. In order for the text to be correctly entered again, you have to restart the program, and this is a long time, and so every couple of minutes - it is impossible to work! Sometimes you can select text in the name of the object and selection in the layout will again become possible, but then this also stops working - the text is not highlighted and not entered. This application is for interface designers, and it does not even allow you to write plain text - horror.

Витрина (Автор - Подписка Магазин) ‎- Adobe XD 202.png

{Renamed By MOD}

Hi All,

We are sorry for the frustration. I have logged a bug for the issue so that our engineering team can investigate on it. I will share the updates with you as soon as I hear back from the team.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Topics

Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to enter text in Adobe Xd (bug)

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Periodicity does not select the text and does not enter it where it is needed, but enters it in a random place, for example, in the "size" field. This bug is the entire existence of the program. I have a midday version. New PC, Last win update 10. I'm so angry that I’m ready to stop using the program. In order for the text to be correctly entered again, you have to restart the program, and this is a long time, and so every couple of minutes - it is impossible to work! Sometimes you can select text in the name of the object and selection in the layout will again become possible, but then this also stops working - the text is not highlighted and not entered. This application is for interface designers, and it does not even allow you to write plain text - horror.

Витрина (Автор - Подписка Магазин) ‎- Adobe XD 202.png

{Renamed By MOD}

Hi All,

We are sorry for the frustration. I have logged a bug for the issue so that our engineering team can investigate on it. I will share the updates with you as soon as I hear back from the team.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Topics

Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mexath3

I can understand your frustration of having one issue after another. However, this looks strange, have you encountered this after the latest release? Is there a specific workflow which triggers this issue(Entering text in height field)? 

Please share the version of XD which you are using at the moment (I have also requested this information in your other post). I would also like to know if this is happening with a specific file or if it is absolutely random. I try my best to help you out here, lets start with this which you have pointed out in the screenshot. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem with text in XD. When I select a textbox to edit the text, the bounding box and the cursor disappear. Half the time I cannot make any edits to the text AND I get stuck inside the textbox (with an invisible cursor). The only thing I can do to get out of the text box is to change the tool I'm using to the shape tool or something else.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same issue, it gets even worse when the file size gets bigger, restart fixes it for a while... Have this since almost a year, but yeah Adobe probably won't fix it becuase they got their money... On Windows as usual btw

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am facing the same problem, I can't edit any text. When I want to, the soft bring the focus to a random text attribute.
Is there is any progress on this problem ?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Idris,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of Adobe XD and the Operating System.
  2. Does this happen on a specific file?
  3. If you have Windows OS, please check if the Graphics card driver is up to date as per the manufacturer's website.
  4. This may happen because of a corrupt text box. Have you tried this on a new file?

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem on multiple different machines. It's very frustrating since the only way to fix this is to quit the program. It seems to be caused by double clicking text to edit the most as well. I seen this bug since January and I'm surprised its still going on. Will there be a fix for this? When a project gets bigger it seems to happen more often. I tried: Differet files, different computer, different adobe user. It happens on all of these.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We will need to test this so please help me with a few more details:

1. The version of Adobe XD and the Operating System.
  2. Does this happen with cloud docs or local docs or both?
  3. Will it be possible for you to share a small video of the workflow and what exactly happens at your end? If yes, please add it to cloud storage and share the link.
  4. Will it be possible for you to share a sample file on which this has happened? If yes, please add the file to cloud storage and share the link.
  5. Please collect your system logs and share them with us. For more information on how to do that you can refer to this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

After collecting these pieces of information, we will try to reproduce this on our end and if required will log a bug so that we can come up with a fix.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines