• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open cloud and older files, and is facing sync issues in XD

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an everyday issue now. Trouble syncing cloud files. And files that were in cloud are showing Online only file and wont open no matter what. Tried to access these files via web. yet no response. It just says Sorry cant open these or it keeps loading forever. In this case you have no option but to force quit XD. 

This has really caused a huge time loss and frustration and I am unable to download these files from the web version too. There are no copies of these files and I have tried everything like signing out of creative cloud, Stopping the core sync via activity monitor and restarting system etc. This concerns me as all of my older files from 2019 are not accessible even though they were perfectly saved to cloud. This grey online only icon on these files needs to be addressed and pls help me with a solution. Attached is the screenshot of these multiple cloud issues happening now since about few weeks. 

Errors in cloud syncing@2x.png

TOPICS
Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank for reaching to us , Would you mind trying the steps mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html and see if that helps? Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Madhumati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jagz@Work,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble. We would like to follow up on the issue. Are you able to resolve the issue by following the steps shared in the article?

Please feel free to update the discussion. We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA @Madhumati chitapur 
I have tried each and every step from the article even before I created this post. The issue is with the older files that show the grey cloud icons. They have to be opened. And they keep loading until I have to do a force quit. But once clicked, The grey cloud Icon changes and blue syncing process gets initiated. It takes about 1 hour sometimes to get these files fully synced- showing the green icon. Now I have files from about last two years. I have been clicking each of these, waiting them to open. Then quitting and restarting. After about half an hour or few hours I have to click on them again to be able to open them.  I have attached screenshots in previos post. I have been wasting hours to recover these files. They are recoverable but I am assuming, with subsequent updates, older files never synced even though they are in cloud. When I am trying to open them now, they initiate a new sync process. This is harrowing and should not have happened. I have still about 30 files with the online only grey cloud icon. I would appreciate someone to come up with a solution for this. Thank you for reaching out.

Attaching a screen shot again of the grey non synced files. These wont open at first go as explained. SOmetimes not even at 2nd or third attempt. While they are loading I am unable to access home menu. that way I have no option but to hit force quit so I can start again. I have now force quit XD atleast 20 times in the day. Thoroughly fed up. 

JagzWork_0-1626757345159.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in response, Jagz@Work 

We will make sure to highlight the issue to our product team but we would need few details in order to log a bug for this serious issue. 

• Please generate Adobe logs and Crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM.
  • Please share the XD, Creative Cloud desktop version and the OS you are using.
  • If possible, please share a file which is taking long to sync for investigation purpose.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines