XD's issue with MacOS Catalina (Can't record prototype preview)

Came across a strange issue with Adobe Xd, after I upgraded to MacOS Catalina (developer beta). Xd won't let you record the prototype previews (video in the comment section) not sure whether this has to do with privacy settings etc. for those of you who plan to upgrade, not recommend to do at the moment...

Xd version: 19.2.22.3

MacOS: 10.15 Beta (19A471t)

Video: https://streamable.com/kk0jw

FIX: Unlock the panel, check on Adobe XD and restart the app. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 2.59.03 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

XD's issue with MacOS Catalina (Can't record prototype preview)

Came across a strange issue with Adobe Xd, after I upgraded to MacOS Catalina (developer beta). Xd won't let you record the prototype previews (video in the comment section) not sure whether this has to do with privacy settings etc. for those of you who plan to upgrade, not recommend to do at the moment...

Xd version: 19.2.22.3

MacOS: 10.15 Beta (19A471t)

Video: https://streamable.com/kk0jw

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Re: XD's issue with MacOS Catalina (Can't record prototype preview)

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 09, 2019

Hi, most likely it will be a problem of incompatibility between the new OS and Adobe XD. After all, the Mac OS Catalina is still in beta. In this case, I suggest you go back to the previous version of your OS, so that you can work better

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi, When is this problem going to be solved for us that has installed Catalina?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I had the same issue with the full release of Catalina. I never got the pop up notification to allow Adobe XD to record the screen.

Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab > Screen Recording (in left list)

And make sure Adobe XD is ticked in the list

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Thanks for sharing the solution that worked for you. This...

Thanks for sharing the solution that worked for you. This will definitely help our users to fix the issue. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I havent

I havent

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Thank you! I had trouble finding screen recording even th...

Thank you! I had trouble finding screen recording even though I typed 'screen record' in the search bar, the System Preferences didn't highlight any of the sections (Apple being weird).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Thanks for sharing the solutions... I've spent 1h of my life trying to find that stupid setting... Apple for sure doing everything to make our lives easier and enjoyable by adding more settings of security&privacy! Great job Apple, burn in hell... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

worked for me, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines