• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text block justification in AE broken

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure when this stopped working but lately I've been doing a lot of disclaimers and it seems like After Effects' justified text paragraph modes are broken (whether it's Last-Left, Last-Centered, Last-Right, or Justify All.) Words overflow out the right side of the text box, and I have to manually edit and shift-enter line breaks in after the next-to-last word on those lines (and then pull up the rest, which changes the results of subsequent lines, etc.)

I was still on AE 2023 but recently upgraded machines and got on 2024, going from Windows 10 to 11, but can say that it definitely was broken in 2023. Then I installed the current beta (24.2.0) to check and it's still broken there too:

bad justification.png

As you can see the first line is fine, the next 4 aren't, the following 4 are, etc.

Font doesn't matter; size doesn't matter; changing either does give you different results obviously, but still will result in many jagged right-hand lines. Photoshop and Illustrator format correctly.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Bug , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Hi idolum, could you zip up your project and DM it to me, making sure fonts are included. We'll have an engineer look at this.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi idolum, could you zip up your project and DM it to me, making sure fonts are included. We'll have an engineer look at this.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Sorry, I was looking at a different comp than the one of the screenshot I posted when describing which lines were fine and which weren't... oops! But you can obviously see 🙂 )

Sent a DM with a link to a zipped project. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2024 Aug 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian. 

I have the same issue. Was there a solution for this?

Thank you,

Nico

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2024 Aug 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can confirm it was broken for 3 years at this point. Had to manually adjust each line or import a rasterized image from photoshop in 2021, and doing that to this day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Resources