• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't copy paste text from other apps into After Effects

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't copy paste text from other apps into After Effects tekst layer. Not from InDesign or Pages or any other app. 

TOPICS
Bug , Error , Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

UPDATE: This issue has been fixed in After Effects 18.4.1.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 106 Replies 106
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just encountered this problem today in v18.4.0 (Build 41). Ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue with version 18.4. Went back to the previous version and it works fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the exact same issue and its extreemly fustrating. I am trying to translate videos so need to paste from translated copy sent to me in Excel. This text pastes fine into all other adobe programs except after effects. please fix asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to the previous version till they have a solution for the 'new' update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone looking for a quick fix without downgrading, this workaround seems to have solved it for me using the latest version v 18.4.0  :
1. Create a new blank project
2. Import your project
3. Save as a new version

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened to me ... again... 

Last week I had this problem and fixied by uninstalling all adobe, formatting my drive, re instaling windows and then re installing adobe. It worked fine till friday. 

Now. I get to the office, open my working file and I can't paste text... again... 

If I downgrade to the prior version of AE... can I still work on my current project that's been saved on a newer version?

😞  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem overhere big effing problem.  😞

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro14,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Running on Big Sur 11.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Serious drag on a text heavy job, it's practically like not having a computer, just a typewriter into After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pathetic that a fault like this makes it to a release candidate.
Poor reflection of the beta team, too many fans boys and not enough professional users.

Should have been fixed by now, screwed me up on a job (I don't want to here the "dont upgrade mid job lecture") save you breathe and direct the criticism where it should go - Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, same problem ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue with deadline looming, cool stuff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Doesn't seem to recognise any text copied to the clipboard. 'Paste' also greyed out in Edit menu. Having to retype manually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also unable to paste into AE. I was away from the computer for two weeks and now I can no longer paste into AE from InDesign or other applications. I work on a macOS 11.2.3, AE is 18.4.0 (Build 41) and InDesin is 16.3.2. I am coping text from InDesign as per usual ("Read more about ... ") and when I try and paste in AE it is "grayed" out. This a new problem Since July 19, 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seemed to get it working by creating a new AE project and importing the project I was working on into that new project. Then everything worked fine. Seems to be an issue when you take a project that was made in an older version of AE and try to use it in the latest build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I solved this issue by just uninstalling the latest update for AE and re-installing the previous version (18.2.1). I can copy/paste in AE without problems again. 

Good luck!Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 16.40.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Used to copy/paste txt from external programs about 5days ago,  but now it's not working. I also have the latest version from adobe and mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue since updating to 18.4.0.

Can't paste anyting from using command-v or from the Edit menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to version 18.2.1 solved the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here at Adobe, we are still unable to reproduce this issue or determine what is causing it to happen. Dozens of people have tested across multiple Mac & Win systems with no paste issues encountered. It is also clear to us that while many users are encountering this problem, not all are.

There must be some other detail involved here, and we really need more details regarding AE and user system configurations, as well as the exact steps that are being taken to reprouce the issue.

If somone could post a video screen capture of the full set of steps to cause this to occur — from AE launch to text copy to failed paste — that might give us some additional clues. We really want to get this fixed ASAP, but need your help to do so.

Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get your act toghether adobe! how can a simple action can get lost!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Updated to 18.4.0 (41), can't copy/paste from different apps. Windows 10 User. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. 
PC - AE 18.4.0 (41)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

The AE team has identified how this is happening and are moving quickly to fix the issue.

If you launch AE by double clicking on an AE Project, or by right clicking on the Project file and open it with AE, pasting from the clipboard will be disabled.

For now, the workaround is stimply to launch AE FIRST and then proceed to open whichever AE project you want to work with. Paste will then work correctly. 

Thank you all for your help here, and apologies for how long it took us to figure out this (very obvious and simple) thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded AE Beta 22 and I am able to copy/paste in there. Have not tried the work around yet in 18.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm that this is a valid workaround. Thank you for your help, Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources