• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find toggle pixel aspect ratio correction button to draw a circle?

Advocate ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to follow a tutorial from linkedin learning for drawing a circle in After Effects. I am on M1 mac running the 2022 intel version for this software. How in the world do a draw a cirle? In the tutorial they show a button in the composition window after using the ellipse tool to select "Toggle Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction" to change the ellipse to a perfect circle. Help? I don't see that icon and can't find it in any menus offhand.

 

TOPICS
Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Pixel Aspect Ratio correction icon/button was removed from the Comp Panel not too long ago. You can still enable/disable it within each composition's hamburger menu. 

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Toggling the PAR correction may not be what you're looking for unless you're working with non-square pixels. If you want a circle without PAR being involved, hold down the Shift key before you start dragging the with the Ellipse tool and the ellipse will be constrained to make a circle.

If you're on the current AE Beta, you can also Shift+double-click the Ellipse tool in the toolbar to create a circle that fills the comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources