Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fast Draft Crash On Enable.

Enthusiast ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Every time I run fast draft in after effects it immediately crashes. I've been updaing daily to see if this feature will work soon but it has been pretty buggy from the start and has now started just crashing on enable. 

Steps to reproduce:

1. New Comp 1920x1080 24p, 8 bit, Cuda enabled. 

2. Load small illustrator file

3. Place illustrator file in comp and enable 3D switch

4. Set render to fast draft

5. Crash to desktop. 

Specs:

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080ti  11GB

AMD Ryzezn Threadripper 3960x

128GB DDR4 Ram

Multiple SSDs etc. 

Windows 10 20H2 19042.746 

Nvidia January Studio Driver (461.40) w/ Clean Install. 

Unrelated: How do we know when AE will start using Direct X?

TOPICS
Bug , Crash , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for reporting this.

This is a known issue in the current builds of After Effects Beta. On some Windows machines, attempting to initialize the new Fast Draft 3D engine will fail and cause After Effects to hang, and the app must be forced to close. More recent builds may crash outright without hanging. It doesn't happen on macOS, and we're still unclear why this condition only occurs on some Windows machines but not others (and even then, not 100% of the time).

My own Windows machine is affected, its configuration is very similar to yours. Our developers are deep in the problem as we speak, often using my machine for debugging, and I'm getting daily updates from them. I don't have a timeline for when this will be fixed, but just to reiterate, we're working on it now.

Sorry, I can't answer your question about DirectX. I don't have first-hand knowledge, and even if I did, it might not be something we're ready to announce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources