• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Solids folder names itself to"Farbflächen"

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Solids folder names itself to"Farbflächen" even if in the Prefs it is set to be auto-named to Solids

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LoudPanic,

Thank you for reporting this bug. We've seen this behavior previously, but we've been unable to isolate it so far.

What OS are you using and what language is it set to? Any additional information might assist in determining what is causing the Solids folder to be renamed.

Thanks again,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro
English US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm... seem to have the same issue:

Win11 - 21H2

AE 23.2

US English

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the only clue I could find. I went to check the Prefs after I read this thread and, I've never changed the pref, but this is exactly as I found it:

MyerPj_0-1680555678213.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SunBronx Have you opened any shared .aep files or templates from the web recently? Our investigation has shown that if you open a project that uses another name for the Solids folder, your new project will inherit that name. "Farbflächen" is German for Solids, so it's possible you opened a project saved by another user who is running After Effects in German. We have an open bug on this, but it has been a lower priority to get fixed.

Cheers,

- John, After Effects Engineering Team 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed for me that's what happened. I opened a project that was sent over to me. However, I would expect that it wouldn't effect new projects and that if I state in the preferences that I want my Solids folder to be called Solids, for that to be adhered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I did not open a file from anyone or anywhere else, as far as I know.
My solids folder is labeled 'Farbflächen' every time I start a new AE file.

Thanks,

Liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liz, after I renamed that folder in the project panel (not in Preferences), I started getting 'Solids' there after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

I did rename it, lets see what happens next time I creat a new AE file. My husband thinks its because I use the Glyphs App to design type, but no idea why that should affect AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources