Exit

air 20.0.0.233 ios invalid signature error

Participant ,
Jan 02, 2016 Jan 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I get an error from itunnesconnect by an email like this:

Invalid Signature - Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). Additionally, make sure the bundle you are uploading was built using a Release target in Xcode, not a Simulator target. If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose "Clean All" in Xcode, delete the "build" directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target.

Once these issues have been corrected, go to the Version Details page and click "Ready to Upload Binary." Continue through the submission process until the app status is "Waiting for Upload." You can then deliver the corrected binary.

But i am sure about my certificate and provisioning file are correct.

Also can this be related to known issues on latest air (20.0.0.233) release notes document?

My configurations

Adobe Air 20.0.0.233

Windows 8.1 64 bit

Itunes 12.3.1.23

Thanks.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Hi All,

The issue of invalid build has been fixed on both Win and Mac AIR SDK's.

Please find the fix here:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html

Thanks for your patience. Kindly let us know if you have any queries.

-Roshan

Adobe Air

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2016 Jan 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi seyfx001,

There is a known issue in windows signing which we are working on and would fix soon. You can package the app using mac and upload it.

It's explained with full steps in readme.

[iOS ] "This build is invalid" error in iTunesConnect while uploading app

• This issue has been fixed on Mac. To package the app correctly, so that it gets uploaded to iTunesConnect without any errors, the developer needs to perform following
  • Add certificate in the Keychain Access of the Mac and provide necessary permission to it while adt accesses the certificate.
  • If doing a remote login (ssh) for packaging the app, an extra command is required. Security unlock <home>/Library/Keychains/login.keychain for successful packaging.

Reference: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/shared/air20_flashplayer20_releasenotes.pdf

Thanks.

Regards,

Nipun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any update on this for windows? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using 20.0.0.233 I was able to upload app to the appstore few days ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2016 Jan 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Leo Kanel,

We are working on the windows issue. Meanwhile can you please try to upload the app packaged with mac machine please?

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually did, trying with 233 but without any luck. I had to roll back to AIR 19 for release with a mac and i will just update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Kindly let us know the output after performing the following steps:

1. unzip the ipa packaged un mac machine with 233 build.

2. run the following command on the .app file inside the Payload folder

Codesign –-verify –vvvv  Payload/<ipaname>.app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, Windows machine, also falling back to Air 19 for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to run the codesign -verify. I get an error on terminal unfortunately.

Is there going to be a new update for  AIR 20 or should we wait for AIR 21 to fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure you were in the right place, did you 'cd' into the folder? In Terminal you can type "cd " and drag the Payload folder into Terminal to complete the line. Once you're in the right folder, and if you type 'ls' and only see the .app file, the verify command should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally managed to run it but i get this:

resource envelope is obsolete (custom omit rules)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leo Kanel‌

Kindly make sure you have added the certificate file to the keystore before running the adt packaging suite.

adt uses the certificated from the keystore while packaging the ipa. Please follow the following steps:

1. Kindly remove the certificate (used for iOS app packaging )from your keychain access.

2. Add it back to keychain (by double clicking it and providing the password )

3. DO NOT provide the permission  "Allow all applications to access this item". Let it be "confirm Before Allowing Access".

4. Package your IPA with the certificate added in the keychain above.

5. You should get a keychain access permission dialog (Please confirm if you get this?? )

6. If yes, Please clicks "Allow Once"

7. IPA should get packaged.

8. Now, unzip the IPA and perform the following check to the .app file inside unzipped Payload folder

codesign --verify -vvvv payload/<YourAPP>.app

9. Please let us know what is the output of the above command when run on your IPA. It will be great if you can let this know to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any news for packaging on windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any progress on the Windows side of this for packaging?  We mainly work on PC, and have been holding out for a workable PC solution to this instead of having to change our production/development pipeline.  It's been two months now that PC is unable to publish for the App Store, does it seem like a solution is coming in the near future?  Or is there some underlying issue that's preventing it from working on PC at all?  I'm not really clear on what the root of this issue is, if it's something that changed on Apple's side with iOS 9 requirements or if it's something on Adobe's side with changes to AIR 20.

Also can anyone confirm that older versions of AIR (18 or 19) are still able to package and submit to the App Store?  Not sure what we would be missing out on by using an older version (aside from iOS 9 API and SecureSocket API), but it would be a relief to know there's still an avenue to the App Store in the meantime.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Air 19 is fine for releasing on app store. I did it several times now (till few days).

Didn't make the jump to 20 or 21 because of several issues (at least on pc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As marcanw mentions, AIR 19 works fine. A little heads up though: If you're using Flash CC to export IPA files, don't update to Animate CC just yet. Then you cannot use AIR versions lower than 20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug addressed on latest (Feb 17, 2016 ) beta release notes of AIR (21.0.0.150)

* [iOS][Win] IPA packaged on Windows machine cannot be submitted to the Apple App store. Error "This build is invalid" occurs in iTunes connect.

I hope it will be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news about this? Is it fixed in Air 20 or we are still waiting for version 21 to be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are working on the solution and the bug is not yet fixed.

Thank you for the patience.

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The issue of invalid build has been fixed on both Win and Mac AIR SDK's.

Please find the fix here:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html

Thanks for your patience. Kindly let us know if you have any queries.

-Roshan

Adobe Air

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roshan,

I just upgraded to AIR 21 on Mac. And now my app signed with a valid certificate shows this during installation:

Publisher: UNKNOWN

Publisher Identity: UNKNOWN

System Access: UNRESTRICTED

I can confirm that this is only a problem with air 21. I downgraded to AIR 19 and it shows this during installation:

Publisher: Verified Company

Publisher Identity: VERIFIED

I'm not sure if this is an issue with AIR 21 on Windows though as I don't have access to a Windows machine.

Hope this is fixed soon.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prakaz can you please try the latest AIR 22 beta build?

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed AIR 22 beta from here: Download Adobe AIR 22 Beta - Adobe Labs

Didn't work! Got the same error:

Publisher: UNKNOWN

Publisher Identity: UNKNOWN

System Access: UNRESTRICTED

Reverted back to AIR 19 again and can confirm it works.

Edit: Asked a friend to test this on a Windows machine (AIR 21) and it works without problem. So it only happens on OSX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're just about to launch a new app and when testing with the AIR version 22 (compiled from Windows) I notice that a couple of the anes we use makes the app crash.

Roshan, do you know what's different in v. 22 compared to v. 21 that might be causing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It will be great if you kindly mention the steps to reproduce this issue? Do you see this issue with ipa or apk??

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines