• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 29+ can not debug app on iOS. App is never installed on the device

Engaged ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to debug iOS app with Flash Builder 4.7 and with AIR 29 or 30 Beta the app is not installed on the device. Compilation is completed and I get the message that I need to open the app but app is never installed on devices. I tried manually to install app by going to bin-debug folder and trying to install ipa from there but it says that app ipa is corrupted or not compatible with iOS 11.

Is anyone able to debug app on iOS with AIR 29 or AIR 30 Beta?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

This is now solved and is working properly with latest AIR SDK 31.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank You for reporting the issue. Please log a bug on Tracker for the same.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created the ticket - Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Denis, thanks for creating the ticket.

The issue is still present with latest AIR SDK Beta 30.0.0.103.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can debug with AIR 29 or 30, but did have a combination where the app didn't install. For me it was because I was using an Enterprise Ad Hoc certificate. I changed to a non-Enterprise developer profile, and then debugging worked well.

If you're trying Enterprise too, I think the difficulty may be that you have to go into Settings, General, Profiles & Device Management, to give the installed app permission to run. So, Flash Builder trying to do that automatically is likely to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

I did not use Enterprise, just a regular development certificate. On which system are you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some future version of macOS. Also, I use Animate, but that still shares ADT in common with FB. Any failure to install the app from FB is likely to happen with the same conditions from Animate, and it certainly was failing for me.

Something else that may have failed for me was doing a debug build with a non-Enterprise AD Hoc certificate. I either found that had the same problem, or I skipped trying that, can't remember.

Are you using Development or Distribution certificates and profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Development certificate and Development provision profile. I also tried using Distribution certificate and Development provision profile but that does not work either.

I can not use Distribution provision for debugging because when debugging flash is always automatically adding .debug to the app id like com.adobe.ShapesInMotion.debug.

I am on latest Windows 10 and Flash Builder 4.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is still present with latest AIR SDK 30beta & 29.0.0.122.

IDE: FlashBuilder 4.7 (64bit)

TestingDevice:

iPhone5(iOS8.4.1)

iPhoneSE(iOS10.3)

iPhone6 plus(iOS11.3.1)

iPhone7(iOS11.3)

iPhoneX (iOS11.3.1)

iPadAir2(iOS11.3.1)

iPadMini4(iOS11.3.1)

[AIR 28.0.0.127]

debug cert + debug profile = OK

adhoc&dist cert + adhoc profile = OK

[AIR 29.0.0.112]

debug cert + debug profile = OK

adhoc&dist + adhoc profile = OK

[AIR 29.0.0.122] (AppStore Rejection HiddenAPI FIX)

debug cert + debug profile = Fail

adhoc&dist + adhoc profile = Fail

[AIR 30.0.0.93 Beta]

[AIR 30.0.0.103 Beta]

This is obviously a ploblem of SDK. not certificate.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure that it's the SDK that has introduced the problem, and the bug report will help solve that. But I am able to do debug testing with AIR 30.0..0.103.

I just confirmed that I could, and I also tested with Distribution Ad Hoc. Developer certification and profile definitely worked, and Distribution Ad Hoc definitely failed to install the app. Console showed:

dataStdErr:

Installation Error: ApplicationVerificationFailed.

I also tried distribution and with target as ipa-debug. Still failed to install.

So, for me at least, only developer certificate and profile works with AIR 30.

BTW, if I use AIR 26, distribution ad hoc works, and I can debug ok.

I'll add a note to the bug report, so that they don't get sidetracked too much blaming FB or IntelliJ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin, do you mind explaining how you managed to debug the device plugged on your machine running FB? Just to be clear, I need to put breakpoints on FB and run the app on the device, did you manage to accomplish that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was giving suggestions about things that stopped AIR from installing at all, not Flash Builder specific. Under High Sierra my Flash Builder crashes when trying to configure things, so I can't easily test to see how far I get.

I see in the bug tracker that the latest AIR that has been tested is the 30.0.0.103 beta. Are the issues still true with the release 30.0.0.107? Could be worth adding a note to the bug report, at least for the fact that Amrita will get notified that there's still a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since May 20 I haven´t been able to install iOS apps on my iPad with Distribution Certificate and Profile using AIR SDK 30.0.0.107 and Animate.

same error always:

Installation Error: ApplicationVerificationFailed.

I can publish using AIR SDK 30.0.0.107 with Developer Certificate and Profile but that won´t go up the App Store.

I had been reporting the issue here:

Request for an update on the steps required to successfully build an iOS app with Adobe Animate CC

The team's response was, "Currently, we have SDK 26 in Animate. No changes have been made to Adobe Animate. To use the latest SDK, include the AIR_30_assert.car file that is created by xcode in the "AIR for iOS settings" of the AIR iOS doc under "included files" section."

But that doesn´t fix the problem.

- I reinstalled everything: Mac os High Sierra - Adobe Animate - Apple Certs & Profiles - Xcode - iPad -

That did not solve the problem either...

I wonder what anyone else using Animate is doing to upload apps to the App Store.

I hope we can get soon a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To debug the application you may use a developer certificate and a developer provisioning profile on both Flash Builder as well as Animate CC.

It is known that you cannot install the ipa-app-store type application packaged with distribution certificate and distribution provisioning. But the app should upload fine on App store.

For beta testing of the application, you may use distribution certificate and Ad hoc provisioning with target type as ipa-ad-hoc. It should successfully install on your test devices.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amrita,

I use Adobe Animate because without knowing code I can build my apps. Honestly I have never needed to debug my apps so I don´t know really how to do it. What I did was to use a Developer Certificate and Profile, on the AIR FOR IOS SETTINGS > DEPLOYMENT > DEVICE DEBUGGING IN INTERPRETER MODE and on the "Debug" menu I selected Debug Movie > On Device via USB. Then I tried to upload the resulting .ipa with Application Loader but I got this message:

ERROR ITMS-90161: "Invalid Provisioning Profile. The provisioning profile included in the bundle com.musycom.PianoSheetReadingPRO [Payload/Piano Sheet Reading PRO.app] is invalid. [Missing code-signing certificate]. A Distribution Provisioning profile should be used when submitting apps to the App Store. For more information, visit the iOS Developer Portal."

Can you orient me on how to debug the app in order to upload it to the App Store?

Best Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To upload the application on App Store you will have to package the application using Distribution Certificate and Distribution provisioning.

For debugging purpose you may use Developer provisioning and Developer certificate.

Here is the gist of it all:

Upload to App Store: Distribution Certificate + Distribution provisioning

Beta Testing the App: Distribution Certificate + Adhoc Provisioning

Debugging the App: Development Certificate + Development Provisioning

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe seems to have not noticed that this problem is on Air SDK...

I have not changed anything.

Only the SDK version(AIR 29.0.0.122 and later) is the cause of the problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m using SDK 30.0.0.107 but I can´t build the app with Distribution Cert & Prof.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you only build the app by doing a Test Movie/On Device via USB, then you wouldn't be able to make an IPA that is App Store and Distribution settings. But, you can select the right certificate and profile, and build for App Store, then use the File menu to select Publish. That should give you an IPA that you can upload to Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your always appreciated advice.

I already selected the right Distribution certificate and the App Store profile, then built for App Store, then used the File menu to select Publish. That gave me an .ipa as you say. But when I tried to upload it to App Store I got this:

ERROR ITMS-90179: "Invalid Code Signing. The executable 'Payload/Piano Sheet Reading PRO.app/Piano Sheet Reading PRO' must be signed with the certificate that is contained in the provisioning profile."

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would happen if you have made a provisioning profile and then renewed your developer subscription, created a new P12 file, but don't go back and edit the profile. The profile has to be based on your current valid certificate, the same one that gave you the P12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amrita Gangwani​,

Debugging is still not working with AIR 30.0.0.107 on iOS even if I use Development Certificate + Development Provisioning Profile.

I am using Windows 10, Flash Builder 4.7, iPhone X with iOS 11.4 and AIR SDK 30.0.0.107 and debugging does not work on iOS.

Application is built ok but is never installed on the device. It also does not work with AIR 28.0.0.125 and AIR 27.0.0.132.

I think this stopped working for iOS 11.

Regards,

Caslav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caslav,

I would suggest you to try installing the application after uninstalling any previous version of the app from the device. Have you tried installing the application on any other iOS version? What is your observation for the same?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amrita,

Yes I always do that, but the result is the same. Application is never installed on the device. And whether I choose fast or standard compile option does not matter either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In that case, please refer Troubleshooting common Adobe AIR installation errors with iOS applications.​ Also, ensure that your Device's UDID is included in the provisioning profile.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines