• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 29+ can not debug app on iOS. App is never installed on the device

Engaged ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to debug iOS app with Flash Builder 4.7 and with AIR 29 or 30 Beta the app is not installed on the device. Compilation is completed and I get the message that I need to open the app but app is never installed on devices. I tried manually to install app by going to bin-debug folder and trying to install ipa from there but it says that app ipa is corrupted or not compatible with iOS 11.

Is anyone able to debug app on iOS with AIR 29 or AIR 30 Beta?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

This is now solved and is working properly with latest AIR SDK 31.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this issue. Please note that I am an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) for Flex 4.6 (before Adobe discontinued the ACE program), and I have been developing Flash/Flex/AIR apps since Flex 3.0. I have created quite a few commercial AIR apps and this problem only manifests in AIR 30 (and 29 I might add, but that was due to beta-reports-active entitlement that is no longer being written to the embedded.mobileprovision file).

Here is the iOS Console output showing what appears to be a malformed entry:

Jul 16 14:26:35 Eriks-iPhone-6 installd(libmis.dylib)[3043] <Notice>: entitlement '<private>' has value not permitted by provisioning profile '<private>'

Jul 16 14:26:35 Eriks-iPhone-6 installd(MobileSystemServices)[3043] <Notice>: 0x16ef3f000 +[MICodeSigningVerifier _validateSignatureAndCopyInfoForURL:withOptions:error:]: 147: Failed to verify code signature of /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.FOc3EW/extracted/Payload/keiretsuforum.app : 0xe8008016 (The executable was signed with invalid entitlements.)

Thank you for your kind consideration and there's really no need to send me links to pages that teach how to develop or troubleshoot AIR apps. This appears to be a problem introduced in AIR 30.

We haven't had a fully functioning AIR release since version 27 due to the public APIs problem, followed by the beta-reports-active entitlement problem, now followed by this new problem. Sure appreciate if you could take this seriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I guess I face the same problem, I am not able to debug on a connected device with developer certificate and profile:

Installation Error: ApplicationVerificationFailed.

or

Installation Error: APIInternalError.

My app update is uploaded for beta testing to Apple, but rejected („no further action after launch screen“) and I can not debug. But I can reproduce the problem by installing the beta version with testflight.

With iOS simulator the bug does not happen, app works fine…

Douglas, the workaround with a fallback to air 28 does not work for me, the following error occurs:

ld: library not found for -lgcc_s.1

So I took a look at the iOS debug console (Xcode) but I do not understand the logs…

Maybe someone can help with a guide on how to use the iOS debug log messages in Xcode to debug air applications?

Or is the best option for an unexperienced person to wait for adobe to bring the debug option to work again?

Any help is appreciated!

Best Regards,

Martin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin,

> the workaround with a fallback to air 28 does not work for me, the following error occurs:

> ld: library not found for -lgcc_s.1

> Maybe someone can help with a guide on how to use the iOS debug log messages in Xcode to debug air applications?

I'm sorry, but I don't have experience with either of these ... if it was my project I'd start by googling the error ... but I wouldn't count on getting anything useful ...

Perhaps someone else could help?

> Or is the best option for an unexperienced person to wait for adobe to bring the debug option to work again?

Good question. It seems that this is a big enough problem that the AIR team would be working on it, but it's not clear whether that's the case. The bug's (https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/AIR-4198657) status is "To Test". Does anyone know what this means? Does it mean "test to confirm that there's a bug" or "test to confirm that we have a fix"?

If you haven't done so already please vote and comment on the bug.

My general experience with AIR is that the team eventually deals with major problems like this, but it can take weeks or months. On the one hand, AIR is wonderful, with many advantages over writing native code. On the other hand, it's pretty clear that the AIR team has a lot on their plate compared to the resources they have available, and problems like this keep rearing their heads, and it can take a while for them to get fixed. And, as you know, these slow fixes can create serious problems for AIR developers.

Douglas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Douglas,

thanks for your help and the link to the bugs report page - I voted for it.

Looking forward that this will be fixed or some workaround will be found.

Best Regards,

Martin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chaky, I still able to debug with AIR27 (iOS 10, 11)
But AIR30 is still doesn't allow me to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Denis,

I don't know why I can't. What is your env. Do you use Windows or Mac OS, do you use Flash Builder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also continuing to have this same problem. I've checked my dev certificate, my provisioning profile, my app ID, etc, and I still get either ApplicationVerificationFailed or the APIInternalError every time I try to debug on my iPhone via USB. I'm on the Mac and use IntelliJ IDEA for development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chaky, Win8 x64 + IntelliJ IDEA

Distribution certificate and provisioning profile (adhoc)
Check your certificate/profile dates, try to debug w/o anes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amrita and Denis for your feedback. I'm sorry to report that I'm still getting error messages even though I've tried the things that you suggested.

Here are some details...

I'm doing my testing with a minimal app that does almost nothing. I'd be glad to provide this code if it would be helpful.

I'm randomly getting either an APIInternalError or an ApplicationVerificationError.

This doesn't happen with AIR 28, but does happen with AIR 30.

Amrita wrote:

> In that case, please refer Troubleshooting common Adobe AIR (http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2015/08/troubleshooting-air-installation-errors-ios-applications....) installation errors with iOS applications.

This page suggest four possible causes for this problem:

1. "Wildcard characters used in application id". I'm not using wildcard characters in my ID.

2. Problems related to an <Entitlements> tag in my app XML. I have no such tag in my app XML.

3. "Wrong certificate used for packaging". This one is a bit vague. I've gone over the steps for creating my certificate and provisioning profile and am fairly sure that I'm doing this correctly. The fact that I can debug using AIR 28 suggests that I am.

4. "device UUID is not listed in the provisioning profile". I've double-checked to make sure that I have the correct device ID in my provisioning profile.

Denis wrote:

> Distribution certificate and provisioning profile (adhoc)

If I understand this correctly you're saying that I should use a distribution cert and an adhoc provisioning profile.

I've tried this, and also tried using a development cert and profile. Both work with AIR 28; neither works with AIR 30.

> Check your certificate/profile dates

I've created both my certs and my profiles from scratch.

> try to debug w/o anes.

I'm doing my testing with a "minimal app" which I've created, which does very little and uses no ANEs.

It looks as though this is definitely a problem with AIR 30.

For now I'll do my debugging with AIR 28, then publish with AIR 30, but this does need to be fixed.

Amrita - have you or your colleagues at Adobe successfully debugged on iOS via USB with AIR 30? If so, is it consistently problem-free, intermittent problems, consistent failure, or what?

Thanks,

Douglas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amrita,

I can not debug application with any certificate on FB using air 30. App is still never installed on the device. I am using FB 4.7 and latest windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to everyone,

sharing my experience, i hope it may help someone

i had the same problem and wasn't able to debug any of my projects on iOS devices.

i tried all you wrote here but always get ApplicationVerificationFailed or APInternalError on different sdk 26,28,30

I don't know WHY, but after i switched to new sdk i go to intelliJIdea Project Structure and generated new descriptor file with different name via Create... button
i changed needed values(for starling) and it magically works now with new descriptor file (on all my devices 10.3.3 and 11.4.1 in 2 different projects)

i develop application beginning from 22.0 or earlier and just update sdk version in descriptor file before. Probably it was  a reason

but i still don't understand why, maybe there are some differences. It looks EXTREAMLY WEIRD. xml seems identical

tested on mac with IntellijIdea 14, air30_feathers3.5sdk, air28sdk and air30sdk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no current problems with AIR30, iOS 11, IntelliJ on mac.

I have had sporadic APIInternalError / ApplicationVerificationFailed in the past.

To resolve I would clear out the output folder (eg bin-release) and also restart the device.

I would sometimes see leftover folders beginning with "AOT" in the output folder which I believe were the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also your Apple Worldwide cert may have expired.

See known Issues #1. This caught me out once.

WWDR Intermediate Certificate Expiration - Support - Apple Developer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also seeing Flash Builder fail to install Apps onto my iphone using SDK 30. I tried copying over the app onto the phone using the SDK/bin/adt commad line, and it got an error "Error connecting to your device". I then tried using the handy iFunBox application that is free for Mac OSX, and it copied over my .ipa file and it runs okay. However... i can't debug which is unfortunate.

clearly the toolchain adt program which is probably run behind the scense by Flash Builder has been broken by Apple's latest revision. I know that they are getting very strict about allowing things to be sent over USB, because of the recent selling of cracking devices sold to break into iphones using the USB channel, they are doing various undocumented things to the USB channel. So i am sure this is some apple induced breakage, but whatever the source, it sure would be create if they fixed the problem with being unable to debug in air sdk 30.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those still having issues with this, here is a thread that might be helpful:

Request for an update on the steps required to successfully build an iOS app with Adobe Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With new Beta (31.0.0.85) problem has gone for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Debugging is back with 31.0.0.85.

If you are compiling against Xcode 9.3 you will need to update the AIR SDK ld64 file following these instructions.

Cannot compile AIR app with Xcode 9.3 iPhoneOS11.3.sdk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have this issue on my Windows 10. I tried AIR 29,30 even the latest 31.0.0.96 and still get the error:Installation Error: ApplicationVerificationFailed.

When trying to debug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is now solved and is working properly with latest AIR SDK 31.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version? I still have this issue with AIR 31.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With AIR SDK 31.0.0.96 and Windows 10 using Flash Builder 4.7 I am again able to debug on iOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same setup and I cant 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With 31.0.0.90 is anyone able to debug on an iPhone X, XS or XSMax running iOS12?

I seem to be able to debug on older devices but not on these newer ones.

I get an application verification failed error despite the UDIDs of the devices being included the provisioning profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like it is an sdk issue:Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The issue has been addressed in the AIR SDK 31. Please download the latest AIR SDK from Download Adobe AIR SDK

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines