• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR 31 and -platformsdk switch of iOS12 Beta - unable to compile

Engaged ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly many thanks for AIR 31 Beta. I am glad I am able to run on iOS12 Beta.

Problem Description:

When I use Xcode10 beta to compile with iOS 12 beta SDK I receive compile errors

Steps to Reproduce:

Compile basic Hello World AIR app for iOS 12 beta using Xcode 10 beta 5 and the switch:  -platformsdk /Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS.sdk

Actual Result:

ld: library not found for -lstdc++

Compilation failed while executing : ld64

If I copy + replace ld from

/Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin

to

/AIRSDK_31Beta/lib/aot/bin/ld64/ld64 I receive the following error:

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libtapi.dylib

Referenced from: /Users/xxxxx/SDKs/AIRSDK_31B/lib/aot/bin/ld64/ld64

Reason: image not found

I have attempted to copy libtapi.dylib from xctoolchain to several folders under the AIRSDK but I still receive the image not found

Expected Result:

I can use  -platformsdk switch to compile using Xcode 12 beta

Any Workarounds:

None Known

I have added same bug the the issue tracker https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/AIR-4198714

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In replacing the ld64 from Xcode to AIR, you do need to rename the file (Apple call it ld, Adobe call it ld64). Also, that ought to only help using the Simulator, I think you should have been able to build onto a device, because Xcode and Simulator are not involved in doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am aware if the ld64 naming convention and did rename as ld64

ld64 is heavily involved with compiling regardless of the target.

Note this is not building with AIR 31 to run on iOS 12, but using the platform switch to use iOS 12 SDK which is still in beta.

It is related to allowing ANE developers to write native code which is specific to the newer SDK.

So if I need to write ARKit 2 code I need to compile against iOS 12 SDK.

AIR is understandably still built with iOS11 SDK.

But each year there is a period of ~3months where we have to wait for AIR to be compliant. I was hoping that wouldn't be present this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there was an update two days ago. Now might be a good time to ask. They used to have an update every two weeks, hopefully we'll get back to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you plesae try it with latest itunes.

Version 10.0 beta 5 (10L221o)

Regards

Aakriti | Adobe Air

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please try it with latest iTunes.

Version 10.0 beta 5 (10L221o)

Regards

Aakriti | Adobe Air

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aakriti,

I assume you meant Xcode.

I am already using latest Version 10.0 beta 5 (10L221o)

on

latest OSX Mojave 10.14 Beta (18A353d)

iTunes is v 12.9.0.148

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple's deprecation notes for Xcode 10 may give a clue.

Building with libstdc++ was deprecated with Xcode 8 and is not supported in Xcode 10 when targeting iOS. C++ projects must now migrate to libc++ and are recommended to set a deployment target of macOS 10.9 or later, or iOS 7 or later.

There is now no longer libstdc++.tbd in

⁨Xcode-beta⁩ ▸ ⁨Contents⁩ ▸ ⁨Developer⁩ ▸ ⁨Platforms⁩ ▸ ⁨iPhoneOS.platform⁩ ▸ ⁨Developer⁩ ▸ ⁨SDKs⁩ ▸ ⁨iPhoneOS.sdk⁩ ▸ ⁨usr⁩ ▸ ⁨lib⁩

https://download.developer.apple.com/Developer_Tools/Xcode_10_Beta_6/Xcode_10_Beta_6_Release_Notes.p...

So assume I will need to wait until AIR is built against SDK 12 later in the year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this solved yet or is there a "known issue" to track? Xcode 10 and iOS 12 are officially launched but I'm still getting the same error.

Compilation failed while executing : ld64

I'm using:

macOS Version 10.13.6 (17G65)

Xcode Version 10.0 (10A255)

Air SDK Version 31.0.0.96

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest AIR is still built against iOS 11 SDK.

With iOS 12 SDK now not supporting libstdc++ Adobe will have to compile against libc++

Will need to wait until AIR is built against iOS 12 SDK which if it's the same as last year will be AIR 32 in December

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to confirm we should hold off on upgrading to Xcode 10 until Adobe fixes this issue right?

I'm having the same issues outlined above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can upgrade to Xcode 10 if you need to for other things, but you will need a copy of Xcode 9 to package with AIR.

Can someone from Adobe please confirm, either here or in the tracker ticket for this, that you are aware of this issue and working on it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

peter.nicolai.123​ Thanks for the response.

aakriti​ Could you please open an issue so we can track this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone from Adobe please respond to this and let us know if this is going to happen or not, and if it is, roughly when? There are multiple issues caused by this that have varying degrees of severity and time sensitivity:

- It's not possible to test apps in the iOS simulator in XCode 10, including the not-yet-released iphone XR

- It's not possible to integrate new, iOS 12-only features using ANEs, such as Siri Shortcuts

- Starting March 2019, submissions to the appstore of apps not built against iOS 12 platform SDK will be rejected.

There is an issue in the tracker here Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly another extremely important topic where adobe doesn't even have the decency to answer.

Oh no, wait. There is one asking us to try out a specific itunes beta version...

It's also not 3 months every year. The ios12 beta is out since June. So it is already 5 months with no hint for ios12 support in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if one has updated their iphone to ios 12 they cannot use xcode 9 with it any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if one has updated their iphone to ios 12 they cannot use xcode 9 with it any more.

I'm not sure that's true. Either way you can have multiple versions of Xcode installed. I have 9.4.1 and 10.0 as default.

I don't set -platformSDK and it works fine. You only have to set -platformSDK if using ANEs that are compiled with that version.

FYI last year AIR28 was updated to iOS11 in December (beta mid Nov).

So will likely be AIR32 with iOS12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

el111​, that was a totally different situation, because when the iOS 11 platform SDK was released it was possible to package using the existing AIR SDK by specifying the iOS 11 platform SDK in the -platformsdk parameter - see the topic of this post. We actually released to the appstore with iOS 11 feature support in October 2017. Right now we can't package the app at all with iOS 12 platform SDK. We're not asking for specific iOS 12 feature support in AIR - simply the ability to package our AIR app using current platform tools, so we can implement that feature support ourselves.

"I don't set -platformSDK and it works fine. You only have to set -platformSDK if using ANEs that are compiled with that version."

So, you don't need iOS 12 feature support, you don't need to use iOS 12 functionality in ANEs, and therefore the problem described in the topic of this post isn't a problem for you. That's nice for you, but again it's inherently off-topic for this thread. You're not actually saying the problem doesn't exist, but that we shouldn't care about it since you don't!

If Adobe plans to release a beta in November and a release version in December supporting iOS 12 platform SDK, it would be ever so helpful of them to let us know that's what they're planning on. Whenever they did whatever they did last year is not a reliable gauge of when or if they're going to do this in 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually created this thread and the bug in the tracker. So I do care about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough, sorry for the rant. In any case, we're stuck, we need this and would like to know the roadmap so we can actually know which features we can and cannot implement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

humm a bit over reacting don't you think?

the key word is BETA

it is in general good practice to not support yet something that is still beta

and I would say Adobe was right on this one, considering iOS 12.1 got released few days ago
probably to fix issues with iOS 12.0.1 earlier

just be a bit more patient for AIR SDK v32 beta that should be around the corner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definitely was over-reacting especially when I decided to rant at the undeserving person who actually created this thread 😕

Having said that, XCode 10 is most definitely not in beta, and the main thing that I was reacting to was that Adobe has been completely silent about everything AIR-related for months. I don't think it's too much to ask that somebody just tell us *something* even if it's not 100% definitive.

And they did, so that satisfies my main gripe with them. Not here, but in the ticket tracker.

Hello Everyone,

We are looking into this issue and will be updating this ticket once we are done.

Regards,

Rohit

Comment by Rohit Kumar Guglani

FWIW react-native also isn't up-to-date with XCode 10's new build system, but in that case it's possible to tell XCode to use the legacy build system, and who knows, maybe that's all we need AIR to do, so we can avoid the practice of relying on legacy versions of standard build tools that are no longer supported and must be downloaded separately.

*diminishing into the west*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that's kinda bad. It's been known since XCODE BETA (August) that these changes will be effective with release of iOS 12 and xcode 12. Yet adobe didn't bother to anticipate them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue when trying to run my app to iOS Simulator from Flash Builder 4.7 on Mac High Sierra 10.13.6 and AR SDK 31 using XCode 10.1

When debugging normally everything works fine, this only happens when I try to to run app on iOS simulator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

We are in the process of releasing AIR beta. It should be out this week and will have the fixes for XCode 10. I will update the thread once we are live.

Regards,

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines