• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone gotten Mac apps notarized with AIR 31?

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I sat down today to notarize my Mac app in anticipation of the requirement coming up. It has been a bit painful, but I thought I made it through until I got errors right at the end -- errors that seem to indicate something is not right even in the first codesign stages.

Has anyone been successful at notarizing Mac apps?

I got three types of errors:

1. Errors about unsigned binaries, e.g., "SimsUshare_v2.dmg/SimsUshare_v2.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/A2712Enabler" and "SimsUshare_v2.dmg/SimsUshare_v2.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/WebKit.dylib". However, I did the codesign-ing with --deep --force, which is supposed to code sign everything, apparently it is not
  2. Errors about insecure timestamps on the same two files, "SimsUshare_v2.dmg/SimsUshare_v2.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/A2712Enabler" and "SimsUshare_v2.dmg/SimsUshare_v2.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/WebKit.dylib"
  3. Errors about the executable not having runtime hardened, here is it "SimsUshare_v2.dmg/SimsUshare_v2.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/A2712Enabler" and then the top-level "SimsUshare_v2.dmg/SimsUshare_v2.app/Contents/MacOS/SimsUshare". However, I had the --options runtime in the codesign as well.

I am happy to write up what I have done to get this stage so far, to help others, but I haven't quite made it through so I hesitate to share until I know it works. BTW, I was using this guide, which has a few issues regarding dashes, though it mostly works.

I emailed Apple, especially since they say you can notarize an app even with unsigned binaries, but I don't know what they will help with regarding the other issues. Thanks for any help on this!

-jonathan

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now my codesigning woes have increased :-(.

I am building my app on 10.14.6, and the adt works fine to build the app. However, when I try to codesign the app, I get an error about the bundle being ambiguous. I have worked on making it like the recent solution at this post (Tutorial on publishing Flex/Air app for Mac App Store or just using Developer ID for general distrib...), in which I go into the .app file and sign whatever I can. When I try to sign "SimsUshare_v2.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework", I get the error

SimsUshare_v2.app: bundle format is ambiguous (could be app or framework)
In subcomponent: /Users/jonathankaye/Dropbox/SimsUshare Mac Stuff/SimsUshare 2.8.6/SimsUshare_v2.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework

When I use codesign to give me more info, I get a tiny bit more telling me something about /Versions/Current/ marked as --prepared.

% codesign --verify --verbose=4 SimsUshare_v2.app

--prepared:/Users/jonathankaye/Dropbox/SimsUshare Mac Stuff/SimsUshare 2.8.6/SimsUshare_v2.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/Current/.
SimsUshare_v2.app: bundle format is ambiguous (could be app or framework)
In subcomponent: /Users/jonathankaye/Dropbox/SimsUshare Mac Stuff/SimsUshare 2.8.6/SimsUshare_v2.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework

Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!

-jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having the same problem, we compiled our AIR app to DMG but can't find any info online on how to go about Notarization the App.

Any help is appreciated..

Sean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean, I got through the process and documented every step (in painful detail) here, from Sept 28, 2019: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Air/Tutorial-on-publishing-Flex-Air-app-for-Mac-App-Store-or-just/m-p...

I was using the latest AIR 32 and cobbled together various other reports and solutions. The main problem I was having was the app file had symlinks wrong, so the codesigning process was getting messed up. The codesign application's error was a tiny bit helpful but generally poking around the Apple docs revealed the issue. I created a script to correct the symlinks and posted all there. Please post here (or email me, you can send me a note in Contact on https://simsushare.com) if you have any questions!

-jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much Jonathan I will check this ASAP!

have a great day ahead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines