• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone 5 Optimization Requirement - Launch Image

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tonight, upon completion of uploading my app to iTunes, I received the following message:

Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5. As of May 1, all new iPhone apps and app updates submitted must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5. All apps must include a launch image of the appropriate size. Learn more about iPhone 5 support by reviewing the iOS Human Interface Guidelines.

This caught me offguard as I have had an image for the iPhone 5 in the app package for serveral months (Default-568h@2x.png). I am following the guidelines set forth in this article - http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/launch-images-ios.html.

I am using FlashBuilder 4.6 with AIR 3.5. Suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks, in advance.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Hi,

Well, I'm no mvp+++, but I'll give it a try. 😉

Under Project > Properties > Flex (or Actionscript) Build Packaging > Apple iOS > Package Contents, does it show the Default-586h@2x.png as checked and included in the package? All the files that get packaged with the build will be listed under Package Contents. There you can check or uncheck what items to include.

If the app runs on your iPhone 5 with the default image and filling the entire screen, then it should upload that way to Apple.

iBren

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also have to be using a recent enough iPhone SDK, and the one you want may have come in with AIR 3.6. Have you successfully been testing on a real iPhone 5? The Simulator would show iPhone 5 correctly with the older SDK, but a real device would not. Republish the app with yesterday's version of AIR 3.7, or with the release version of AIR 3.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I am and have been using iPhone SDK 6.01. I don't own an iPhone 5, but have tested it on a friend's and it displays fine. I will update to AIR 3.7 and report back.

Thanks for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I did update to AIR 3.6 and that didn't change anything. I also updated to the latest iOS SDK 6.1 and now my launch image is no longer showing when the App launches. I have it in the root of the directory and named, Default-568h@2x.png.

Suggestions?

Thanks, in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Flash Pro, or compiling with the command line? You have to have included the slash screens in the package, not just have it present in the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FlashBuilder 4.6 with AIR 3.6. I am creating the .ipa file by using the Export Release button in the IDE. This has been working in previous builds, so clearly something changed. Not sure if it's from iOS 6.1 or AIR 3.6.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know Flash Builder enough to know where you go to make sure things are right. I've asked iBrent to drop in, see if he has ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Well, I'm no mvp+++, but I'll give it a try. 😉

Under Project > Properties > Flex (or Actionscript) Build Packaging > Apple iOS > Package Contents, does it show the Default-586h@2x.png as checked and included in the package? All the files that get packaged with the build will be listed under Package Contents. There you can check or uncheck what items to include.

If the app runs on your iPhone 5 with the default image and filling the entire screen, then it should upload that way to Apple.

iBrent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's true, you're such a slacker! But, look at it this way, who do mvp+++ people call when they get stuck? iBrent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iBrent, you sir are a genius!!! I am not sure how those images got deselected, but they did and I did not even think to look there.

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See, iBrent: a god amongst men. Though, we're all wimps, so he would look good anyway…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, don't. Don't stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Saint, even.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin, how would I go about packaging the iphone5 launch image in flash pro?

Using SDK version 3.4, 3.5 and 3.6, adding all the launch images in the Air for iOS settings, "included files", only the Default.png and Default-Portrait.png actually get packaged...

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the quality set to High? You only mentioned Default.png and Default-Portrait.png, but not Default-Portrait@2x.png, or Default@2x.png. Which suggests you're not doing Retina at all. The Default-568h@2x.png is a Retina splash screen, perhaps it gets left out if you're on Standard and not High?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quality is, and always has been, set to High. Retina works on both iPhone4s and iPad 4. Everything looks crisp on the devices, after the launch images has been displayed.

Untitled-1.jpg

After I got the "problem" email from apple, about iphone 5 support, I unzipped the ipa, shows that the only launch images in the "toplevel" folder, is Default.png and Default-Portrait.png.

Edit: In the .ipa package, there is a folder called Graphics, where the rest of the launch images is placed.. ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to inform others, a solution to my problem has been discovered!

The project was originally created in Air 3.2. The fix was simply to copy/paste everything in the project to a new project, in Air 3.6.

All launch images are packaged and works perfectly now.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Tommy Skogen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the fix. I use adobe flash pro cs6, and my choices only go up to air 3.4 . With air 3.4 i cannot use the iphone 5 loader in the package . Why do i not have air 3.6 as a choice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can manage the SDKs you're using from the Help menu. That lets you add the AIR 3.6 or 3.7 SDK, then you can choose those from the Properties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Colin Holgate, that is a great direction you have sent me, unfortunately when i go to help and add sdk, again it only gives me the option of air 3.4 or 3.2, clearly i need to download air 3.6, but i'm not sure from where or exactly what the file is i need

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point I'd be tempted to use AIR 3.7. In fact, just today I submitted an app, using the latest 3.7!

You get it from here (don't download it yet, wait for the next thing I tell you):

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html

Look towards the bottom of the page. If you're downloading on Mac, in Safari, control-click on the Mac link and do a download linked file. The archive is unusual, and clicking on it opens a browser page full of text.

Once you have that file, expand it by double clicking on it. The folder should be called air3-7_sdk_mac. Now go to the Help menu to manage SDKs, and click the + button in there, and find your way to the folder you downloaded.

That should make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks a ton, i hope this works with flash professional, since i don't use flex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only use Flash Pro too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did it, thank you so much Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines