• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iTunes MobileDevice library not found error when 'Install application on the connected iOS....'

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After recently upgrading iTunes to 11.0.5.5 I get the following error...

'iTunes MobileDevice library not found. Please check your iTunes installation'

..when selecting 'Install application on the connected iOS device' from the 'Post Publishing' section under the 'Deployment' tab in the 'AIR for iOS settings' dialog box

This used to work? Any ideas?

For now, I can manually use iTunes to add the file to the device, but this does slow down work flow considerably.

Thanks,

Alan.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

installing version 12.1.3 of iTunes failed to solve the problem for me.  i needed version 12.1.2 to solve the problem:

1) Un-install Apple Application support 32 bit/64 bit, Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Software Update, and iTunes

2) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and delete the Apple folder

3) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files and delete the Apple folder

4) Go to C:\Users\<your user name>\music\iTunes and delete the .itl file

5) Download and install version 12.1.2 of iTunes: Download Apple iTunes 12.1.2 for Windows 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 103 Replies 103
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helped thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files seem correct. My guess is that there are still files left over from the old misleading versions of iTunes.

1) Un-install Apple Application support 32 bit/64 bit, Apple Mobile Device Support, Apple Software Update, and iTunes

2) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and delete the Apple folder

3) C:\Program Files\Common Files and delete the Apple folder

4) Download and Re-install this version of itunes: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1784?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US ( if you have it downloaded already you don't have to download again) ****Make sure when the installer starts, the installer asks you to install your files in the Program ( 86x ) folder!****

5) Restart your computer

If this works give it a like! If not I have perhaps one more solution.

1) Open up your pc specs screen ( windows 8: Move mouse to the right of the screen then Settings > PC Info ) ( windows 7: Start Menu > Right Click Computer > Properties )

2) Click on Advanced System Settings in the left panel.

3) Click on Environment Variables.

4) Look under System variables for "Path" in the Variable column.

5) Select "Path" and click on the Edit... button.

6) An Edit window will come up and just press the right arrow key to put your cursor at the end of the "Variable value" field.

7) Copy/paste in these folder paths exactly after the ones already there (all separated by semicolons):

;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support;C:\Program

Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\CoreFP;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support;

8) Click on OK and close those windows.

9) Test to see if the error still persists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That first solution worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Hopefully this will fix everyone's problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well neither of those worked for me either... I don't think it's really an Adobe issue since it breaks OverDrive too. Uninstalling everything and installing 12.0.1 again restored it, but only after restating twice. I have no idea what's going on, and I guess at this point I don't really care as long as it works with some version of iTunes, hopefully that remains the case. Maybe OverDrive will pester Apple enough to get it fixed -- I'm sure Apple couldn't care less than Flash iOS developers are stuck, but maybe other software using this will get their attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had it all working after installing itunes for older video cards, but then I just had to go and update my Flash CC, silly me. Now the issue is back. I've tried reinstalling itunes (both the version for older video cards and the regular one), with no luck. Fortunately I can still install ipa files directly from itunes. I guess I'll leave it for now until someone spots a quick fix (like changing a path to a dll somewhere)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your continued help with this brandandarby.

Unfortunately I have been through both possible fixes and I still get the error?

I am surprised Adobe staff haven't made any posts about this, as it does seem to effect quite a few people?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not adobe's fault it is apple's and how they install your files. But it is odd that none of that worked. You now have only 2 options left.

1) Un-install Everything Apple. Programs, folders, files. Anything. Go to your C:\ Drive and search things like: Apple, iTunes, ipod, iphone and delete all files that relate to apple. ( Do Not Delete Files That Programs Use To Operate Other Than Apple Products! ). And then restart your computer. Re-install itunes.

2) Last option: Back up and restore your computer to Factory default ( still might not even work but it should )

I'm glad I could help a few people out. But this is all I can think of. Maybe talk to apple support? But I highly doubt customer service will know what your talking about and you will probably end up just being transfered 5 times and end up with no solution. But it is worth a try if all else fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have done option 1 before with no luck I'm afraid.

I will think about option 2. It would probably work, but would take such a long time, that I think I might wait until I get a new laptop (which is due in the next few months). I'm pretty sure that will fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, I literally exausted every single detail that I did to fix this.The only thing I did not say is that I did mess with pretty much all the iTunes versions. I would:

1) un-install all the iTunes programs

2) delete both apple folders in both Program Folders

3) And just go down the line of iTunes on this page: Apple - Support - Downloads until perhaps one may work for you.

I don't know if you know this but In the mean time you could still connect via IP or host name to your computer to debug your app. Sorry I couldn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did need to unplug/replug the devices after the fix before it would see them.

I believe this was already said though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to the latest iTunes I also got this error this week. Tried re-install iTunes, but no luck. For me this worked:

I uninstalled "iTunes", "Apple software update", "Apple programsupport", "Apple mobile device support", I think I also had something like "Apple application support 32 and 64bit".

I then installed "iTunes version 11.4 (64bit)", and when I connected my iPod I got the "Authorise "-message on iPod, which I didn't get with newest iTunes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Authorize Computer notification is just to get into a device after it is plugged in. This problem will still perstist even when no device is plugged in at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also decided to update to the newest iTunes and it bombed the device debugging for me.  I installed the iTunes for Older Cards and i'm back up and running.

Thanks all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not had this problem until now... and I've recently installed and now uninstalled the latest iTunes... I noticed that I can't even install .ipa files to my iPad the long way by dropping the file to my iTunes app library... which seems to accept that I'm dropping it there but then it just disapears and doesn't show up on the list. 

ADOBE talk to APPLE / APPLE talk to ADOBE.  Alan's post has been sitting here unanswered since 2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. go to Apple - Support - Downloads

2. download iTunes for older video cards !!!!

3. install it

Profit!

P.S. Actually it's Apple fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anton!  -How did you know I would still be banging my head against the wall come Monday morning.  The alternate iTunes install Anton mentions above fixed my issue as I do have a slightly older AMD Radeon HD 7570 video card which I didn't think would have anything to do with it.

Thanks again we are back-in-business.

ur3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anton! 

it works for me!

Z.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anton. InstallingiTunes 12.1.1 for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards) fixed my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, rather than download an older version of iTunes, what you want to do is:

1. uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support
  2. uninstall iTunes
  3. possibly restart
  4. re-install iTunes (latest).

It was your Apple Mobile Device Support .dll that got corrupted and needs to get wiped and re-installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 18, 2015 Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 99% cases this will not help (simply reinstalling) because reinstalling will do nothing. Only uninstalling old and installing iTunes for older video cards do the magic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank those who have taken the time to suggest resolutions. None of them have worked for me, sadly.

Even if this Apple's doing, I still look to Adobe to provide a solution. It's not like they haven't had to hack around Apple's mess in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling everything apple and then iTunes 11.4 worked for me. Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was too paranoid about losing settings, backups and whatnot to uninstall iTunes, so all I did was install the "version for old video cards". It magically picked up all my settings and library from the previous installation. It did NOT fix the issue in Flash Professional, but it did fix iFunbox. LOL. So at least I have that method for fast install and testing of my IPA files. THanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that! I'll give iFunbox a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines