• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Bundle is invalid" in iTunes Connect using latest AIR SDK 20

Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compiling with the latest AIR SDK (20.0.0.215) I get a "This build is invalid" error in iTunes Connect. Any idea?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone in here tried adding the new Apple WW developer cert to their Certificate store on windows?

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/manage-trusted-root-certificates-windows

https://developer.apple.com/certificationauthority/AppleWWDRCA.cer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@clint.modien‌- Yes, I tried adding the new certificate to my windows machine. No luck.

I was able to successfully submit only after using ADT to package my app on a mac. I used my normal build process to generate all the files, then copied them over to my mac. I had to follow the instructions here to update my WWDR cert before it would all submit correctly. I would love to know when this will be fixed for Windows.

Also, @klug76‌- How exactly would unit tests help find a certificate issue when uploading a packaged app to Apple?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least, before release of the new air version, it is good to perform the following steps:

1. build a test app for ios/android/etc in windows/macosx (via continuous integration server)
  2. run unit tests for this app on each target platform,
  3. collect on a single machine test application files assembled on different platforms (windows.ipa, macosx.ipa...).
  4. unzip them
  5. compare them - content must be equal, except for png/swf - but exceptions is another story...
  6. validate ipa/apk using codesign/keytool/etc

All these steps can and should be done in one click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or just switch to Unity. They support windows, keep up with the latest tech and hire actual developers to do coding who never make such bug in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unity can not compile for iOS on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear air developers!

maybe is a good time to study such a thing as the unit tests - they will help to avoid f* errors such as this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I freaking love these stable AIR versions.

I now work for a few years (sadly) with AIR and at least every 2nd STABLE version is broken.

I learned to only upgrade them if it's really really necessary.. sadly many ANEs updated to AIR20, forcing us to use this piece of .. superb software.

I also can't get AIR20 on MAC to work, but I won't even bother reporting those issues, I will simply do everything in my power to convince my company to switch to something stable at the next project.

Why these versions keep getting pushed out of beta with such supposedly known errors eludes me.

And another thing: why the heck are there entirely different change logs (especially fixed and known errors) on different languages (i checked French, German and English)?

Only the english log writes about the windows issue. Every other language gets quite the surprise and can tap in the dark (google) for some time.

Funnily other languages have listed issues that arent listed in the English version...

Is there any kind of structure behind Adobe Air development?

fhfghgfh434 wrote:

Or just switch to Unity. They support windows, keep up with the latest tech and hire actual developers to do coding who never make such bug in the first place.

They use stone age APIs most of the time. So old and deprecated that even all browsers discontinued every support for unity player.

Besides that not everyone develops games at all... or wants to use something like Unity for 2d games.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have found on my HDD AIR SDK 20.0.0.185 BETA

This is a latest stable and fully functional build. ipa which compiled on Windows will be successful loaded to iTunes connect.

If anyone need it - please contact me (answer in this topic)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That'd be a great help Reactor13! I have an updated ANEs which needs Air 20 and I need to be submit this update to iTunes ASAP. If you could send me a link I'd be very grateful. My email is "mburke at gan.com". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://airbits.ru/AIR20.0.0.185.BETA.zip

Enjoy. however, I think that is Adobe work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. Unfortunately with that version I'm getting the same errors I'm getting with v19.0, "ld: 400 duplicate symbols for architecture arm64

Compilation failed while executing : ld64". So I have to use a later version to package, but the later version can't submit to iTunes.

Adobe guys... any update on when us Windows users can submit to iTunes again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can  confirm that using http://airbits.ru/AIR20.0.0.185.BETA.zip is a valid workaround. Thanks Reactor13!!!

This test was performed packaging on windows and uploading using Application Loader 3.0 on a VM.

PD: Since I don't know how to delete invalid builds (is even possible?) I've messed up the version coherence by increasing the version number for each test... Thanks Adobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, but for those of us who eagerly updated to Animate from Flash, it is impossible to go back to anything older than 20.0.0.204. So what is going on? This issue has been going on for months now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I went back to AIR 20.0.0.0 which is the version packaged with Animate, and the oldest one that Animate will allow you to use. This solved the 'invalid bundle' problem. I am now in review, but I don't remember if there were other issues critical to approval that were solved after AIR 20 and which will get me rejected ...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are, AIR 20 messes up rotation on iOS 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reactor13 a écrit:

http://airbits.ru/AIR20.0.0.185.BETA.zip

Enjoy. however, I think that is Adobe work...

this work's for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe this is still not fixed. How is this even possible? Just issue an update that fixes this issue already.

Normally I would say to take your time, but not with a bug like this! Hotfix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats going on Adobe?? How do you release a product that doesn't work at all? What os the point on develop an App on AIR if you can't upload it? And also you only realize that doesn't work at the end of the process, when you try to upload the App.

I've been breaking my head to upload the app in a already tight deadline, just to realize that it doesn't work!

Please, at least say something! Hotfix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Have you tried packaging the app with MAC sdk ?

Let us know if you are facing the issue with MAC sdk

Also, we hope you are already aware of Win SDK issue which is being worked on high priority by the engineering team.

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes yes, MAC SDK. 20.x 21.x don't work...

-Roberto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Where are you facing issues? Have you tried the steps we shared in the forum?

Kindly share the output you get when you run the following command in your unzipped app

codesign --verify -vvvv payload/<YourAPP>.app

We can help you on fixing the issue if you share the details.

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roshan thanks for your quick response.

I've done all the steps and I get this:

roberto-mac:Payload roberto$ codesign --verify -vvvv eraseunavezunmundomejor.app

eraseunavezunmundomejor.app: valid on disk

eraseunavezunmundomejor.app: satisfies its Designated Requirement

So, now... Do I upload that IPA or should I re-zip the Payload folder in witch I did the --verify and upload that?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can upload that ipa file and ignore the Payload.

Kindly let us know if you face any issue on this.

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roshan,

Can you give us a precise ETA of the AIR 21 SDK being out of beta?

Judging by your past release schedule, a new AIR 21 SDK build is due any day now (the last beta was on 2016-02-17).

We are eagerly waiting for it so we can compile our iOS AIR mobile app on Windows and successfully submit to the Apple App Store for review.

Our project deadline is fast approaching.

Thank you for being transparent and letting us know where we stand!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2016 Mar 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi esp68,

It's already out of Beta, and compiling for iOS on Windows has not been fixed.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html‌

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/release-note/fp_21_air_21_release_notes.html

Known Issues

AIR

[iOS][Win] IPA packaged on Windows machine cannot be submitted to the Apple App store. Error "This build is invalid" occurs in iTunes connect.

[Android] Read "position" property of the async opened FileStream after writing data from Socket cause application crash (4123440)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines