Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate 2024 is now live!

LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

This release of Animate runs natively on the apple silicon chipsets and comes with a sleek user interface. It has important bug fixes, stability improvements and it is recommended for all users.
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/animate/release-notes.html

Thanks,

Preran

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embeded fonts are broken on Sonama!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was fast haha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very excited to see animate get official apple silicon support! I opened up some of my larger project files and it runs so much smoother now, and the newer smaller user interface looks great - Currently running Sonoma - will report if there are any issues. Congrats to Adobe for finally bringing much need native apple silicon support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might have important bug fixes, but it also created some.

[working on Mac Ventura] Like the 'missing fonts' function when opening a document which uses fonts currently not installed on your system. Previously when you did that you would get a popup window indicating that certain fonts were missing so you could either replace them or re-open the document after those fonts were installed again. Now it does nothing besides turning all texts that have those missing fonts into Helvetica. I don't notice now that fonts might be missing, besides looking at all the texts in Helvetica. 

[working on Mac Sonoma] Another issue is that on a Mac with Sonoma Test Movie doesn't work. It doesn't open the brower (tried it with Safari, Chrome and Firefox) to preview the animation. It seems to do something cause after selecting Test Movie, the 'Output' label appears as usual, but the browser isn't opened. It's Sonoma related. On Ventura it works as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a major bug for us. Hoping this gets resolved VERY quickly!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder sometimes

I download Blender (open source and free): each release add tons of useful features every 4 months. That includes handy 2d animation features. The upcoming 4.0 release adds many animation improvements that also have a positive impact on 2d animation. Blender does not focus on 2d animation, though. Yet it's really good at that too.

And I wonder how such powerful 2d animation features playing at realtime in a 3d environment are possible.

I download the latest version of Moho Pro: it received quite impressive new functionality that is truly useful to an animator. And powerful character rigging that actually works and far surpasses Animate.

And I wonder how animation software can be forward thinking, effective and assist the animator in reaching their goals.

I download for free the newly released Krita 5.2 which received a slew of interesting new features, including 2d animation ones. Krita does not focus on 2d animation.

And I wonder how a small group of developers caters for their community of animators by giving them what they ask for.

I download the latest release of ClipStudio EX and enjoy the brilliant drawing feel and nice vector and bitmap drawing tools while animating frame-by-frame.

And I wonder how useful quality bitmap and vector drawing tools in one animation workflow are.

I download for free OpenToonz. Each release is strong, with good bug fixing and many workflow enhancements for 2d animators.

And I wonder while animating with all five how awesome 2d animation software can be.

Today I read the release notes of Animate 2024.

And I wonder...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From day one after the name change the development of Animate has been characterized by impotence: lack of vision and skills.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from anything else, this update is completely like a semi-finished product. The interface UI and color matching are not uniform in width and width and are really ugly.
The comfortable UI appearance has also been removed. I really don’t know what these people are thinking. I even suspect that the animate team no longer has a person in charge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2024 Aug 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah after adobe got sued I hope they can genuinely fix animate be like CS6 and bringing back the 2019 UI  , 

Animate should be free and open source! Revolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update has sooooo many bugs. Like the encoding right away even when encode immediately is unchecked. Fonts... woof. And then importing assets from Illustrator just makes it one big group and has so many clips in the library. Creative pieces without attributes makes ZERO SENSE. There are so many other issues that I'm still finding! Please for the love of everything - fix these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@brooke615 

to report bugs or ideas or wishes to adobe:

for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

if neither show a place to report the issue, just leave it here.  that's the best you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Preran,

Thanks for the info on the new Adobe Animate release. Great to hear it's now compatible with Apple Silicon and has a sleek UI, along with bug fixes and stability improvements. It's a welcome update for all users.

Best regards,

Dean Ambrose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2024 Sep 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much for this reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As always with every Animate update, all my jsfl Commands are gone. Every time I have to look for that Commands folder that has some special location (not like other Adobe apps, in Applications subfolders). This time I spend almost an hour trying to find it without any luck. ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/ has some empty "Animate HLAN 2024" folder that doesn't feel right. Could you point to new location of Commands folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rtdc 

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Adobe\<animate version>\en_US\Configuration\Commands

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx, @kglad this might help a Windows user - I have a Mac issue 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for the mac!

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Animate 2024/en_US/Configuration/Commands

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Open Config Folder.jsfl, which you will find here.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open command directory.jsfl
I also share one. The command comes from this website. It can be used on both win and mac.

現在開いているFlashのディレクトリを開きます 

function isMac() {
    return (fl.version.search(/mac/i) > -1);
}
function openDirectory(path) {
    var uri = FLfile.uriToPlatformPath(path);
    if (isMac()) {
        FLfile.runCommandLine("open " + "\"" + uri + "\"");
    } else {
        FLfile.runCommandLine("explorer " + "\"" + uri + "\"");
    }
}
openDirectory(fl.configURI + "Commands");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the scripts!  I was always wondering why Adobe didin't add "Import Commands" menu item themselves, since they already have "Manage Saved Commands"... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, add Adobe Animate on IPad Pro. With Apple M1 or even 2 it can run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Animate Custom Platform SDK hasn't been updated in 4 years. Are custom platform extensions expected to work without modification in Animate 2024? My custom platform extension is not recognized as being installed by Animate 2024, while 2023 is using it without issue. Does the extension need to be recompiled for Apple silicon to work with Animate 2024?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines