Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate CC 2017 is here! All that you need to know

LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Welcome aboard the latest version of Adobe Animate!

This new version comes with lots of exciting new features. I suggest going through the following documents to get a good understanding of all that you will discover with the latest version.

Ensuring a smooth upgrade to Adobe Animate CC 2017

What’s New in Adobe Animate CC 2017

System Requirements

Camera support

If you do not see the latest version listed, click the gear icon on your CC desktop application, and select Check for app updates.

Note: Please create separate posts for questions about this release. This post is an announcement. While I am not locking it now, I will do that if this post becomes a catch-all for such questions.

Thanks,

Preran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Preran,

Ever since I upgraded I've been having a huge issue with javascript errors basically stopping me from publishing into Javascript/HTML. I get this dialog window come up and I'm concerned because I can't seem to get it to stop once I start a new document and publish once. I have *no* code aside from 'this.stop()' at the end of my banner and Animate CC is barking every time I try and publish. Can you advice, or point me to another solution?

capture.jpg

Adrian Stiegler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran

It is now December 8 2016, still the Animate CC 2017 update is not showing in my cloud

says my Animate CC is up to date as 2015.2

"If you do not see the latest version listed, click the gear icon on your CC desktop application, and select Check for app updates."

yes have done this many times

any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your computer might not currently meet the system requirements: System requirements for Adobe Animate CC

If you're on a Mac, can you upgrade to OS X 10.10 or higher?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you also try signing out of the Creative cloud App and signing back in and see if the updates come up now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Animate CC 2017.1 is here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So disappointed about the new Animated GIF Export : it still doen't render nested animations.

I will still need to export to MOV (the most faithful format) and process video file in Photoshop.

Same old tedious workflow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how you would expect Animate to do that... if you animate a character the standard Animate way with symbols and nested symbols inside those for say, the eyes, hands mouths etc... Which nested ones should it know to export? the main body? the hands? the entire scene inside the scene clip? It's pretty confusing to pull that off. Hmmm maybe some sort of scene palette that you check what is and isn't export. Either ay it can get complicated if you've got dozens of nested symbols on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Asymetrical, but I don't see what you mean. I just want the animated GIF to be as close as possible to the SWF output.

The MOV output just does that so why can't the GIF export ? It's just "recording" what the SWF displays after all.

I just had a try and had to use export to MOV, reimport in PSD and save as animated GIF.

nestedTestCC.gif nestedTestHand.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've exported to gif many times and it works fine... Not sure what your issue is then. Unless I'm mistaken, you had said that you wanted to be able to export out NESTED clips INSIDE a symbol which is REALLY hard to manage. If your issue is with the new gif export in CC 2017 then at least form my perspective that was not clear.

Here's a gifs= I've exported from Animate 2017. It works fine.

Animation GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion, I said the export does not render nested animations when playing your main movie so the main SWF to GIF output won't be faithful.

I heavily use nested (looping or not) animations because that's my favourite Flash feature.

On the examples I posted above, you've got Animate GIF export on the left and Animate MOV + Photoshop GIF export on the right (I used to use Fireworks to get a better output).

Flames are nested looping animations and they just don't play on the direct Animate export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah but the thing is that it DOES play them, as that file I lined to and exported to a gif is completely nested. Are you using a Movieclip? If so then yeah they don't. Switch it to a graphic Symbol and they will. The gif below is a cycle which couldn't loop if it wasn't nested.

Tweet image5.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines