• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate CC 2021 v.21.0.3

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everybody. my name is Yuri. How are you.

it is very sad to talk about Adobe Animate CC anymore, for I spent 3 days working on a banner with some very, very basic animations.

a)  It would scale a JPG vertically about 25% percent every time I tested it in Safari (not in Animate itself); this problem disappeared when I created document from scratch.

b) It would never stop looping an animated GIF file in a browser, even though I sure had this.stop() statement in the last frame (I have an extremely basic .FLA to illustrate, probably like most of you);

c) It would not export a movie file correctly to animated GIF with all movies places on the main timeline… etc.

The app is quite buggy, it’s still in the Flash world, I think… and it’s not just me! I found similar postings on the Web. I GUESS IT’S THE NEXT MUZE.

Can anybody recommend an alternative to Adobe Animate, please.

Thanks

Yuri 😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

b) is 100% user error, not an adobe error.  (open the developer console to confirm there's an error.)

animate does have bugs/inconsistancies/unexpected behaviors, but they're uncommon. 

whether it's an animate issue or user issue causing a) and c) is not clear to me, but my guess is those are user issues, too.

but if you've given up on animate, check unity3d.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, and thank you very much for the reply.

I have an embarrassingly simple test .FLA file set for html5. It is an extremely basic one. The movie sits on the main timeline and plays to 46th frame. A separate layer call Actions has a keyframe #46 with single statement:   this.stop();

How come the Warning message pops up in the Output window "WARNINGS: Frame numbers in EaselJS start at 0 instead of 1. For example, this affects gotoAndStop and gotoAndPlay calls. (2)" I don't know, what I could possibly do wrong:) ? The moving box was converted before use to a symbol – Graphic. Why do I get that Warning?

Would you like to take a look at this test .FLA file?

Yuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those warnings are informational only and every html5/canvas project by every user sees those warnings upon publishing/testing.

and no, i don't check and fix fla files unless i'm hired.

free help you can get via the forums from all of us but i don't really think anyone will be able to pinpoint the problem(s), and thereby help you, without looking at that fla.

(and someone else may download your fla without charging you).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you're with Adobe tech. support.

Yuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, these are user-to-user forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got that, thanks.

It's time to get in touch with Adobe tech. support. Wish me good luck 🙂

Yuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think you'll need more than good luck.

keep us postd, especially if you get help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll get in touch with Adobe as soon as I get off

Thanks

Yuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just sent a bug report to Adobe, giving them steps to duplicate the problem (endless looping GIF), which I just duplicated myself.

Hope to hear from them soon, although I didn't get any confirmation if my report got through 🙂

Yuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everybody. How are you.

I have a very good news for all of those, who reported the same problem: I found quite a few of them on the Web. Though, – the news is a bit embarrassing: it is not Adobe's bug – it is a sign of our inexperience. A big thanks to Adobe technician, who saved us from this misery. By the way, I didn’t see this solution to the problem in all those reported cases!

Well, here it comes. When “Export Animated GIF…” from File/Export, in the lower right section of the dialog box, there’s an option: Looping: Forever. Change Forever to Once.

That’s almost it 🙂

I’ve read on the Web, that some people export to Animated GIF from File/Export/Export Video/Media… I DID NOT SEE THE “Looping: Once” OPTION THERE, so be aware of it.

Thanks and happy animating 🙂

Yuri

P.S. Credit to Adobe: I received a reply from them next day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last suggestion from Adobe tech support on adding a clickable-to-URL button in animated GIF, did not help me much, because those steps require knowledge of JS, which I don't have.

Thank you very much for your time, though. I hope in the near future animated GIFs will support those type of buttons.

Thanks,

Yuri 🙂

PS A tip for the rest of us. I was able to import an animated GIF into my test web project on Webflow server. Then I added a clickable button there on top of the animated GIF – there it was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animated GIF files cannot contain JavaScript. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

add an anchor to your gif:

<a href="http://www.adobe.com">youranimation.gif</a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines