Participant ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Animate CC 2017, macOS Sierra. Creating AIR file

Console shows this error

Adobe Animate CC 2017[1273]: dataStdErr:

Could not generate timestamp: Connection reset

This has started happening this morning. It worked last night and we have tested it on another Mac using the same version of CC. No other errors.

I've seen and solved this in CS6 (changing java version), but never seen it before in Animate CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Hi All,

Just want to let you know that this issue has been addressed in the update that we have released today. Please update your copy of Animate CC to the latest using the Creative Cloud desktop application. If you don't see an update yet then you can click on the gear icon in Creative Cloud desktop application and choose 'Check for App Updates' option.

This update also features an option where you can specify a custom Timestamp URL to avoid such issues in the future. You can learn more about th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue on Windows 10. Everything working fine yesterday (18 April 17) but today I get the following error:

"There was an error connecting to the timestamp server. You may not have a connection to the network, or the server itself may have a problem. If you choose to disable timestamping, the AIR application will fail to install when the digital certificate expires"

My network is perfectly ok. Incidentally, the header on this error dialog says "Adobe Flash Professional" even though I'm in Animate 2017.2 (build 16.2.0.24)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are getting the same error message but with Flash Builder when trying to push out an air file.

The exact error message is

"Error creating Air file: Could not generate timestamp; Connection reset"

I sure hope a server is just temporarily down. This error message occurred on 2 different windows 10 computers.

As far as i can tell geotrust server(s) are down. According to this link timestamp.geotrust.com is down.

Is Timestamp.geotrust.com Down? - Is It Down Or Just Me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here from Balsamiq, we are unable to sign our desktop application using adt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check your Internet connection to see if everything is working fine?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it seems geotrust is down from yesterday, I've managed to sign the application using -tsa option with the first server from this list: List of free rfc3161 servers. ยท GitHub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using IDEA and the sertificate from DigiSert.

File ~> ProjectStructure ~> [YOUR MODULE] ~> AIR Package ~> More Options (on the bottom of the popup) ~> TSA

add there:

http://timestamp.digicert.com/  or any URL from here: List of free rfc3161 servers. ยท GitHub

2017-04-21_11-23.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Preran

I'm Flex Builder User.

I can not find out any contents about Flex Builder.

Where can I get any information about your fixed item?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Preran,

create a self signed based app, we can't upload on App Store, although after self code signing we also unable to re sign app code singing there is on google various app code sing commands available but doesnt work...

Adobe Animate CC team should it fix or make a official page how to post desktop app for the Mac App Store .

desktop-app.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, geotrust seems down. Anyone knows how to setup adt with a different server? ( I'm using FDT )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem!  Windows 10, Comodo cert.

With Acrobat, there seems to be a way to identify a different timestamp server, but not with Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use ADT (AIR Development Tool) to add a timestamp to an AIR application that was packaged with a certificate, but without timestamp?

ADT documentation does not have examples (only field definitions)

Is it possible to use keytool.exe in c:\program files\common files\adobe\Adobe Animate CC 2017\jre\bin to add the timestamp server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me, reading this, that you can change the certificate later.

Adobe AIR * Digitally signing an AIR file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question related to this.

If I publish an Air package with the timestamp unticked, when will the app expire.

I need to publish an app just for use at an exhibition this weekend. Will I be safe?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never known this. We had to publish everything on Thursday to show a client on Friday and hoped for the best. It worked.

This page also mentions that you can resign the application when the certficate expires. And they talk about having 365 days to do so. That implies that self-signed certs work for one year, but it's not very explicit. Also an Adobe page dealing with the subject mentioned that after Air 1.5 the duration of self-signed certificates went up from 180 days to 365. Again not sure how accurate this is.

Adobe AIR * Digitally signing an AIR file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you can use a self-signed certificate if it is just for demonstration purposes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@flashmafia Thank you.

I tried the following by reference.

In FDT> build properties> customize ADT args:

If you add it to the end of ${signing} and do the following, it was uniformly exportable.

${signing} -tsa http://timestamp.digicert.com/

Since we can not confirm the operation because there is not much time to deliver it, we dealt with Timestan and this time it corresponded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why every time Adobe upgrade their software they break important things on the process. I can't create Apps too because of TimeStamp. Any fix on this Adobe? I am using Animate CC to create Air apps. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this problem a direction not to correspond as a maker, will it be impossible to export AIR anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until Adobe fix this, we can't build Air apps from Animate CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to set somewhere other timestamp server:

-tsa http://timestamp.digicert.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible with Animate CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think is possible in Animate CC. There is no field to change the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know for Animate CC, I am using Flash Builder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines