Participant ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Animate CC 2017, macOS Sierra. Creating AIR file

Console shows this error

Adobe Animate CC 2017[1273]: dataStdErr:

Could not generate timestamp: Connection reset

This has started happening this morning. It worked last night and we have tested it on another Mac using the same version of CC. No other errors.

I've seen and solved this in CS6 (changing java version), but never seen it before in Animate CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Hi All,

Just want to let you know that this issue has been addressed in the update that we have released today. Please update your copy of Animate CC to the latest using the Creative Cloud desktop application. If you don't see an update yet then you can click on the gear icon in Creative Cloud desktop application and choose 'Check for App Updates' option.

This update also features an option where you can specify a custom Timestamp URL to avoid such issues in the future. You can learn more about th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe how can it be that hard in providing a field to enter a different server in Animate CC? And are you going to remove Air from Animate? Cause right now it is useless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, in Flash Builder. Problem was with Java 1.6 and error was: Handshake error.

Still don't know where this "Connection reset" came from(?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really a pain. Why adobe is not adressing this big problem? And this is not new. Everytime this stupid timestamp breaks with new updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why do you reply to me. I don't know either. I don't work for Adobe

I guess, if it is not possible to set custom timestamp URL, then probably Adobe will soon release a patch for Animate...

To avoid this in Flash Builder, luckily I already use ant build scripts where you can set all parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked with the team, and the issue is not with Animate, but with Adobe AIR. The team has contacted the AIR team and have let me know that they will keep me updated.

I will post here as soon as I have something useful to add. Meanwhile, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Preran

this is good to hear, thank-you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my bad! I thought I was replaying to the tread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@malik79766761

>Me too, in Flash Builder. Problem was with Java 1.6 and error was: Handshake error.

The handshake error sounds like the same error we started getting when publishing AIR in CS6 last year on an older OSX install than the current Sierra. The solution at that time was to install Java JDK 1.8. At that time a change had been made to the timestamp server which required this.

I'm think this current problem is unrelated as we have had this running up until last week on MacSierra, and this error does not report the same handshake error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably source of the problem:

If you read Adobe AIR * ADT code signing options you can see:

-tsa Specifies the URL of an RFC3161-compliant timestamp server to time-stamp the digital signature. If no URL is specified, a default time-stamp server provided by Geotrust is used. When the signature of an AIR application is time-stamped, the application can still be installed after the signing certificate expires, because the timestamp verifies that the certificate was valid at the time of signing.

AIR use Geotrust's one, and Geotrust discontinued (their support chat said two weeks ago from today) some timestamp server, probably because SHA-1 is not secure anymore.

Advice for Adobe AIR team: add support for more timestamp URLs as fallback, if one stops working. So this issue never happens again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your observations, Malik. I will share this with the product team.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is wonderful that you can export directly from Adobe Animate CC. I am praying that correction will take place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main reason for maintaining our monthly CC subscription is so we can use Animate CC to easily export apps without having to fiddle with the command line.

Could the AIR/Animate CC Team please indicate when an update/fix will become available.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have let the team know, and I will update this thread as soon as I have that info.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, thanks for releasing thread! I don't know because Flash Builder 4.6 cannot generate native Adobe Air Application because it shows error: "Error creating native installer file: Could not generate timestamp: Connection reset." I have tried upgradiong jre from Adobe Flash Builder 4.6/jre ( 1.6 x86 to 1.8 x86 ) and I add "-Djava.util.Arrays.useLegacyMergeSort=true in FlashBuilder.ini end of lines. Than it cannot generate again. Is it possible use adt commandline? But I cannot find because Adobe Help System sees down. Please fix Adobe Help System to live online. Why does it happen with Adobe Help System? I thought company Adobe System cancels business? "Please don't die your company!" We really love Adobe System. Since February 2017 I don't know - If I search Google and I visit to error "This site can’t be reached" "help.adobe.com" I am surprised. I don't know if I have problem network and I already check my network still works. Please tell me! What does it happen with Adobe Help System website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that PostCloud's post will be helpful.

StudioCloud 2017/04/19 15:37 (Reply to simon_lucas)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SourceSkyBoxer​ If you have not succeeded to fix timestamp error for Flash Builder: it must be JDK and NOT JRE. So, download JDK, install it, than copy JDK content to "Adobe Flash Builder 4.6/jre". To be safe, first backup existing jre folder (just change its name).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SourceSkyBoxer​ First answer was for Java 1.6 (FB default) "handshake error". Now, to resolve new "connection reset" error, you have to also set custom timestamp server. I recommend start using ant to make your builds. There is a lot of templates online. With ADT you can use parameter "-tsa some_timestamping_server_url".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2017 Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty "pissed" as I opened a case for this issue, which was closed by Adobe right now including the answer  that they are not aware about any issues like that?!

Sorry, but no one is able to generate any Adobe AIR application due to a timesta,p server being down and Adobe does not know anything about that?

GET THIS FIXED!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can read earlier messages to see that Adobe do know about the problem. Also, I have seen a message somewhere else that says the team is looking into alternative servers if the existing one can't be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told by AS3 languange Blog to use can use Animate CC and export to SWC then compile with CLI tools. Adobe may take too long to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone just post the full command to timestamp an exe? -tsa is too vague, and there are 100 other option sets. Are we packaging, signing, ....???? I have a list of tsa servers.

I have an exe, an air, an airi, a few p12 files and an xml. I just want an installer that doesn't give me a certificate error and I've spent 2 hours and 40 tabs reading the adt documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with Jack W on this. If it's going to take a long time to fix, then we need a straightforward step-by-step command-line solution that can be used by everyone, whether using FDT, Flash Builder, Flex Builder or Adobe Animate CC.

At the moment we (at least Animate CC users) are left in the cold, unable to deliver reliable Air solutions to clients.

It's our livelihoods.

Adobe. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem (using oldie Flex Builder 3).  Tried updating build.xml with

<arg value="-tsa"/>

<arg value="http://timestamp.digicert.com/ "/>

under

<target name="certificate">

but that hasn't seemed to do anything for me thus far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines