Participant ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Animate CC 2017, macOS Sierra. Creating AIR file

Console shows this error

Adobe Animate CC 2017[1273]: dataStdErr:

Could not generate timestamp: Connection reset

This has started happening this morning. It worked last night and we have tested it on another Mac using the same version of CC. No other errors.

I've seen and solved this in CS6 (changing java version), but never seen it before in Animate CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Hi All,

Just want to let you know that this issue has been addressed in the update that we have released today. Please update your copy of Animate CC to the latest using the Creative Cloud desktop application. If you don't see an update yet then you can click on the gear icon in Creative Cloud desktop application and choose 'Check for App Updates' option.

This update also features an option where you can specify a custom Timestamp URL to avoid such issues in the future. You can learn more about th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand it right, without time stamping you wouldn't be able to do an update to the app, it would have to be a new install. So, for development it need not matter, except if you're trying to test persistent saved local data, that would be lost each time.

I have reason to believe that some of the fix needs to be done in Animate, and that hasn't happened yet. It would be interesting to hear from someone using Flash Builder or other IDEs, or using the command line to build. AIR 26.0.0.93 may well work in those cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@colin holgate

thanks for the explanation of the time-stamping function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate CC, is there a way? Air beta 26 is not fixing this timestamp issue for me. I'm launching a product soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shared information that i received. I am checking with the team to see if they can let me know as to why this workflow isn't working for some of you. I will get back as soon as I have a response.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team is working to fix this issue, and the fix should be available in a future update. For people that cannot wait until the next update, the fix should be available in a prerelease build soon. I will share details here as soon as I receive confirmation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

This issue has been fixed in the prerelease build. I request all of you to test the build and provide the team with your feedback.

Adobe Prerelease

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does everyone here have access to prerelease builds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for me 😞

I've always the message "Impossible d'accéder au certificat numérique" ("Unable to load a certificate in this file").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should work!

1. Download the pre-build from adobe. They will send you a link to download animate if you are approved.

2. After you install animate paste this link to the new server fieldbox: http://timestamp.digicert.com/

3. If the link above does not work, it could be you are ouside the USA. try a different server path. There are many outtere if you google it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installer the Prerelease but I'm in Belgium so outside of USA. I will try another server path.

Thanks for your feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works only if I create a new certificate. I cannot use my initial certificate anymore. This is quite annoying :-s

And it works with

http://timestamp.digicert.com/ or http://sha256timestamp.ws.symantec.com/sha256/timestamp (and not without a custom timestamp sever).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be your old custome signage still have the old server that did not worked. So a new file must be renerated to over-write the old one. Now, try this.

1. You create a new one and save your file with the working path.

2. Open the old one and paste the new path and save.

3. or just rename the new to over old custome file. make sure you make a copy of the old one before you over-write it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a new certificate, it's not a big problem for me 😉

Thanks a lot for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Redsky,

tank's for the server (http://timestamp.digicert.com/ ), it work for me too ( in belgium ) and with the old certificate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, timestamping works in the prerelease build!

They've added a custom timestamp server URL field in the AIR publish settings panel. Just add a working timestamp server (like http://timestamp.digicert.com/), and you're good to go.

Thanks for fixing this,

Øystein Wika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joy. I look forward to trying it. The field to enter a timestamp server sounds like a useful touch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Just want to let you know that this issue has been addressed in the update that we have released today. Please update your copy of Animate CC to the latest using the Creative Cloud desktop application. If you don't see an update yet then you can click on the gear icon in Creative Cloud desktop application and choose 'Check for App Updates' option.

This update also features an option where you can specify a custom Timestamp URL to avoid such issues in the future. You can learn more about this update at https://www.adobe.com/products/animate/features.html

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohan

I just downloaded and tried to run this with an existing project. A note to others. You have to make sure to set the SDK to v 26 when building.

Many thanks for this fix.

Regards

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix appears to work by allowing for a custom timestamp server,

BUT (one time),

It does not save the custom time stamp server name, so it has to be manually entered every time.  (After repeated saves and restarts, it did save the time stamp server name)

AND (more importantly),  (unless care is taken)

The .air file no longer supports updating from one release to the next.  This forces you to manually uninstall the application with the Windows Control Panel, and (if that wasn’t enough), it forces you to manually delete the install directory in c:\Program Files (x86)\{install folder}, before the updated application can be installed.

FOUND:  To update an existing AIR-based applications, when there is also a new Adobe AIR version needed, opening the web-based installer two update windows open: one for the application and one for Adobe AIR.  I think it is important that the Adobe AIR application is installed first (and completed) before installing the AIR-based application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I recently came across this problem for a project. Glad to have stumbled upon the problem when a fix was available.  I actually just requested a prerelease yesterday and it's funny to see the public update go up today.

So... how does one migrate the certificate when using Animate and AIR?  I see some commandline suggestions for moving the cert, but I'm not to eager to do that.  Or is it just that I need to delete the installation on the systems it's on and reinstall with a fresh cert?

When I  click through various help related things for this I get taken to pages that seem to be down.

Also my old certificate expired in March this year.  Can I migrate with an expired certificate like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines