• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe animate has a serious bug

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been painfully trying to get past this disgusting error for months now.

Error: Error #2136: The SWF file app:/myaafile.swf contains invalid data.
at flash.display::Sprite/constructChildren()
at flash.display::Sprite()
at flash.display::MovieClip()

the sad part is that i have determined that it is nothing ive done wrong but a bug with adobe animate. how did i come to this conclusion? through hours and hours and hours of diagnostics. my FLA file is 667,191 KB. sure it is huge but that shouldnt make a difference. yes it takes nearly 10 minutes to open in adobe animate. the error first appeared when my file had a huge issue. it must have happened with the sh!tty adobe animate not saving correctly and corrupting my file. basically, ALL my actionscript
code just magically disappeared from the file. no im not kidding, ALL OF IT just gone, over 200,00 lines of actionscript just GONE. so i went back months and pulled up an old version i had backed up that i knew had been working at the time and recovered the code, which of course was a months old backup but i decided to start over from there because this project is very important to me. fast forward a few months and im back up to where i was again. tried to publish it and BAM same error. so i started over. added just my code and to my suprise, it never threw the error, published fine. so i though okay it must be an issue with my sprites. added my sprites and it threw the error. okay awesome it is the sprites i thought. reloaded back to the working version and only added sprites and no code and well guess what, it published with no issues... HMMM OKAY THATS WEIRD. let me just say my sprites have no code added to them except for "stop();" thats really it, no other actionscript as i command all the sprites through the code on the main timeline. 

So i went back and created everything from scratch, code, sprites, everything. and guess what. it decides to throw the error even though there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with my file except for the fact that is is 667,191 KB. at this point i am absolutely in a rage. i have no idea what to do and this project is literally the only thing in my life that even gives me the tiniest amount of happiness. im willing to send the complete FLA file to whoever is willing to take a look at it to help. thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it's just one fla, it's a corrupted fla.

create a new fla, copy all the main timeline layers from the corrupted fla to the new fla.

test the new fla.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

already tried that. it is the first thing that i tried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if that fails, then copy the upper half of layers and paste those into a new fla and test.

if that fails, copy the lower half of layer and paste those into a new fla and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if i remove any significant portion of the FLA it publishes fine, there is no consistency, removing any random piece will cause it to piublish fine. im pretty sure it is an issue with size. as long as the size of the fla is below 667000kb it publishes fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where you able to get this figured out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how much ram do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16gigs, it should be plenty

but that doesnt matter because adobe animate is restricted in it's ram usage. you can set it to be higher up to a certain limit, about 2 gigs is the max it lets you set it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upload your fla and post a link here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kdngames.com/RMT/backup/6-27-2024/RMT.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

opens for me:

kglad_0-1719586739557.png

what's your jvm setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you sure you included all the as files and resources? if you leave those out yes it will publish but i those files are imperative to the game. can you upload the swf file? my jvm settings:

-Djava.awt.headless=true
-Xmx4096m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i changed nothing in your fla. i'll check if i still have the files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the swf file you uploaded did not publish correctly. the game does not load

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the swf file you uploaded did not publish correctly. the game does not load. you did not get an error when publishing was finished? this is what the game would publish as if jvm size limit was set too low. if you increase the limit in the jvm you will get the error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my jvm is 1024 x 16

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats definitely not enough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you know how to solve the problem, what's the solution?  ie, how much jvm is enough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats not the problem. if you change your jvm to 4096 you will get the error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why would you do that? increase your jvm to see if you can successfully publish your swf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the error has nothing to do with the jvm. 4096 is required to publish the fla because it is huge.
the error is: 

Error #2136: The SWF file app:/myaafile.swf contains invalid data.
at flash.display::Sprite/constructChildren()
at flash.display::Sprite()
at flash.display::MovieClip()

this is the error that is the issue. if you want to see the error you need to increase your jvm settings to 4096. if you do not increase your jvm the file will NOT publish at all. the swf file you sent is not a published game

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my jvm is 2.5 times larger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i dont know then, but your flash is not publishing the game properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines