• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate leaves border on imported PNGs

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been doing small tweened animations in Adobe animate and I've been having problems with imported PNGs. Whenever there's the slightest bit of transparency at the edges it takes the color of the thing it's in front of which can cause problems when things move around.

Sienna25275517sx8u_0-1658011231333.png

Sienna25275517sx8u_1-1658011428249.png

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? 😞

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing that problem. Could you reply with an example PNG that shows the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DipsyBoy_0-1658019755595.png

DipsyBoy_2-1658019838630.png

Heres how the seperate pieces of my animation look in Adobe VS my art program. In adobe around the edges it has a weird border from the piece of the drawing that was under the layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those look like screenshots, it's the original PNG that I wanted to look at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh i see, I import things into adobe animate using a photoshop file with all the layers in it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could try the Photoshop file. My suspicion is that the PNG has a premultiplied setting, instead of being straight alpha. In Photoshop, instead of exporting PNG, try the Save for Web (Legacy) option. I think that exports a straight alpha version. It's File/Export/Save for Web (Legacy)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the photoshop file! I am not drawing in photoship, I am drawing in Clip Studio Paint and exporting as a Photoshop Document, the program also allows me to export as a Photoshop Big Document though I do not know what exactly that does

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't see problems. Next step might be to let me see your FLA.

In the meantime, see if this PNG shows the problem for you.

bunnyblink.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still using the 2021 version of adobe animate if that would impact anything, but heres the file and what happens when i import the photoshop file into adobe animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay it will not let me attach the file because "the content type does not match its file extension"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently there is a problem when opening a PSD in Animate. To proceed better, is to export the layers as PNG each one.

____
2D vector animator since 2000 & PhD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to import a PSD:

Captura de pantalla 2023-04-11 a las 14.08.57.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://youtu.be/rfYuoYf7Ges

____
2D vector animator since 2000 & PhD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines