• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate Symbols not saving properly

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I use Adobe Animate 2023. I don't ever want to use 2024 since that version crashes constantly.
When it comes to symbols, I've come across a weird issue that only seems to happen in larger size files that I have. Sometimes, the file will take a while to save, which I assumed would be typical for the file size. However, randomly at times whenever I make edits within a symbol, save it, close the file, and then reopen it, those edits don't save. And when I say random, I mean it is completely random. Sometimes an added keyframe didn't save properly, sometimes changed objects in the symbol don't save, etc.
Anyone facing any similar issues? I can't post any files due to the type of issue this is.

TOPICS
Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's probably related your file size and computer hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using warped assets within those symbols?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do layer symbols sometimes, but usually they aren't warped aside from rotation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

If Animate can't handle your FLA properly, I would suggest you to split it up. You'll be able to save quicker, the performance will be better and the chances of corruption will be smaller.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines