• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Anime Crashes whenever I export to Animated gif.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Whenever I export to animated gif Adobe Animate freezes up and Crashes. I have tried 20 times and restared and rebuilt the animation from scratch as well. 

I need to export transparencey.  All the other types of exports work. Just not Animated Gif which I need to use....

Any tips or soloutions? Can you fix this? Thanks ^^

TOPICS
Error , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

That might be too big for a GIF, the format is not designed for that, gifs are about 500px wide on average used for short animations of a few seconds long. It's crazy to export a gif in full HD specially if you're going to use it in another program for further editing. The image quality of gifs is terrible with a very restrictive color palette. For best results I'd recommend to export a video in Quicktime MOV format or ProRes 4444 + alpha instead. These are the formats to use for these sort of p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big is your stage size? Is there a reason you need a gif with transparency?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My stage size is 1920x1080. I even tried it at a smaller size. It didn't work. Crashes every time.

I need it for a project. It has to be traspatert to be used becuse of how its going to used. There are transparent parts. That why.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be too big for a GIF, the format is not designed for that, gifs are about 500px wide on average used for short animations of a few seconds long. It's crazy to export a gif in full HD specially if you're going to use it in another program for further editing. The image quality of gifs is terrible with a very restrictive color palette. For best results I'd recommend to export a video in Quicktime MOV format or ProRes 4444 + alpha instead. These are the formats to use for these sort of projects. Both generate a high quality output and support transparency. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use any online generator to convert it to FLV then open OBS so you can remux it back to MP4. It worked for me.

Even if it's already Mp4 follow the instructions above please, sometimes Animated gifs are incorrectly converted to Mp4  when using basic generator programs, but the Remux process in OBS is always sufficent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it best to export as a set of PNG's then take them all into photoshop. Then open a timeline, animate, put them in order on the timeline, and export them out of photoshop as a gif. It will come out cleaner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, the resolution should be 720px max, but I recommend you keep it at 480px.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines