• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate 2015.2 on MacOs Not Loading Publish Settings

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An older project in the Google Play store requires me to use Animate 2015.2 since newer versions don't recognize the .p12 certificate that Google Play requires.

No problem, it works fine on the publishing side. However, whenever I close and relaunch a project in 2015.2, it forgets my publish settings (switches my target from Air 29 for Android to Flash, loses document class, source path, and config constants, etc.), which need to be re-entered by hand every time I launch. Even if I save the settings in a profile, 2015.2 won't load them on the next launch.

Strangely, if I open the project in Animate 2018, it does load the project settings properly. So the settings are being saved in the .fla file, 2015.2 just won't load them.

Anyone else experiencing this? It's getting pretty annoying to have to type everything in by hand with each launch!

I'm on MacOS Sierra.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Thanks for the information Jon, I have escalated your case and hopefully you will get a call back on your preferred time very soon.

Thanks!

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey tovokas,

From what I understand regarding your query is you have  2 versions of Animate cc installed, 2015.2 and 2018.

But the problem is with version 2015.2 wherein it forgets the publish settings and resets to default again and again, is that correct?

I did some research and a previous discussion below comes closer to what you are looking for.

Please follow this - Setting publish settings as default and let us know if works for you.

Thanks!

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, correct about the situation: I must use Animate 2018 for desktop versions of the app because of the timestamp issues, and I must use Animate 2015.2 for Android to maintain compatibility with the Google Play store.

The thread you posted made me aware of some things I can try, but after deleting the default configuration in the Publish Profiles folder, exporting the 'good setup' as a new profile called default, and everything else the thread suggested, the file still opens up with the same weird defaults. Again, if I open up the same file in Animate 2018, it recognizes and loads all the correct settings.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will research on it more and will get back to you on Monday.

Till then I wish you a happy weekend.

Cheers,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jon,

Sorry for the long delay and getting back to you.

However, I wasn't able to find any proper solution for your issue.

Therefore I would request you for your Adobe ID, Call back number, Time zone and preferred time in a private message so I can arrange a back for you by a tech.

For doing a private message hover the mouse on my picture and click "message".

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the information Jon, I have escalated your case and hopefully you will get a call back on your preferred time very soon.

Thanks!

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines